Search results

1. Provincial

Gate Valve Stem / Threads Lubrication

I have numerous gate valves in my home. For example, the water cut-offs for outdoors, and even the master water cut-off are all gate valves. Am I supposed to be doing something to properly maintain or lubricate those valves? Should I put WD40 on the stem, or perhaps spreading on some plumbing...
  2. Provincial

Water Hammer Difficult Situation

After some experimentation, I am thinking here it might be a better idea to just put rubber hoses back in, and swap them every 5 years if necessary. Does anyone know if those Flood Chek hoses are flexible enough to absorb some of the water hammer? Or are they more rigid like steel hoses?
  3. Provincial

The switch in that Symmons valve does have almost 180 degrees of motion, but the shutoff is not gradual at all, it is all done through a small range of motion. I tried partially turning off the overall ballcock valves supplying my apartment (because they are inside my apartment) and it had a...
  4. Provincial

Thank you to all of you who took time out of your day to respond to this thread.
  5. Provincial

Thanks again for lending your experience... here is a photo: https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1642/24181684591_014d6c4d44_z.jpg Sorry for my crappy cell phone...
  6. Provincial

Not a bad idea given my original post, though I should mention that the washer / dryer is a stacker in one of those narrow closets, so I do not think this kind of arrestor would fit along the side of the wall. If it did, then the machine itself would be blocked in by the piping and could never...
  7. Provincial

I replaced the hoses on my washing machine. The 2003 era old rubber hoses are out, and the new braided steel hoses are in. The problem here is that I immediately noticed the loud water hammer bang whenever the washing machine stops filling, particularly on the cold side. It looks like the...
  8. Provincial

Toto Fill Valve Leaking

Thanks for this comment. I am aware that the water pressure is quite high at my place - I did have a pressure reduction device connected to the water line behind the toilet. It was installed some years ago by my area's Toto service person after I had complained about some strange noises from...
  9. Provincial

Toto Fill Valve Leaking

Thanks for your fast response. I was a little freaked out about this leaking because the old valve did not leak in this area (though it did refill forever and ever...) In its current position, it leaks only 2-3 small drips for each flush cycle. It's so little that it doesn't even run off the...
  10. Provincial

Toto Fill Valve Leaking

Edit: Got the title wrong, it is a Fill Valve, not a Flush Valve :eek: Hello Terry's forums, I hope you can tell me if I did something wrong here or if this is a warranty issue. Due to a failing valve in my Toto UltraMax II, I obtained and installed the TSU99A.X replacement fill value. Despite...
  11. Provincial

Thanks

Just wanted to says thanks to Terry & Co. I've been browsing these forums as a guest for a while now and it is all very helpful!
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks