Search results

1. JoshRountree

Opinion on old Bradford White, fix or replace?

Thanks Terry! I just looked it up, 1998 - they sure don't make them like they used to. Time to replace.
  2. JoshRountree

Opinion on old Bradford White, fix or replace?

Looking for opinions before I decide what to do. I've got an old Bradford White that's worked awesome forever, but I think the thermostat is either going out, or has minerals on it. If no hot water has been called for in a long time the water is lukewarm, but after the thermostat kicks on the...
  3. JoshRountree

Kohler Trend, Replace 3 hole shower valve?

Boy did you save me some headache. I tried to pull the diverter stem out but I didn't have the tools to get it all the way out. It's like there some kind of ball/socket that wouldn't unscrew. I was able to get the cap off the diverter though. Can anyone suggest a replacement for this? I've...
  4. JoshRountree

I've been by Lowes but they have slim pickings. Looks like I'm going to have to order it off the Internet. Anyone think this will work? https://www.faucetshark.com/Kohler-Rebuild-Kit-RBK9748-p/kiss-rbk9748.htm
  5. JoshRountree

Looking for some advice on a 3 hole shower valve. I have to replace the rubber washer (circled in red) every couple of months. It's only on the hot side. I'm thinking I need to replace the seat as well, but looking for advice. replace the whole valve with cartridge units (I have decent access...
  6. JoshRountree

DWC - Deep Water Culture

what about aeroponics?
  7. JoshRountree

Buzz vibration after installing cycle stop valve

HA! If that's the case I might just leave well enough alone and see if it passes the stone by itself! Who would have ever thought a cycle stop valve would have a kidney stone!?
  8. JoshRountree

That sounds very likely, this well has a good amount of sediment and iron in it. I may have to do this periodically. Is there a significant amount of harm being done when it runs like this? I will have to monitor it but chances are it will run like this from time to time.
  9. JoshRountree

Goulds 1/2 HP - 10 GPM Pump depth 148' Static water level 22' That information should be very accurate. We bought the house 1 year ago and I had the pump pulled and a new well head put in.
  10. JoshRountree

I installed a CSV1A about a month ago. The cut in pressure is set to 40 psi, the cut off pressure is set to 60 psi. The working pressure for the CSV1A is around 55 psi, give or take what's using water. If I use enough water to cause the pump to turn on, there is a buzzing or vibration...
  11. JoshRountree

Buying a new house - water analysis

You have no idea how much I appreciate your responsiveness and your knowledge, buying a home is an exercise in patience and to have people respond knowledgebly and quickly makes a world of difference. Would you be able to produce something on letterhead with a bill of materials to fix the water...
  12. JoshRountree

1st big question - would this make you walk away from a house you really liked? 2nd big question - can you provide a quote with parts to fix the pH and iron issues, just a quote for materials? I have no problem going the DIY route, but we have dealt with a local company that we feel good about...
  13. JoshRountree

Hey guys, I've spent a lot of time reading on Terrylove.com and always appreciate the amount of knowledge found here. My wife and I are under contract on a new home and the water analysis has stopped us in our tracks. Any thoughts on the results? Does anyone have any feel on how much a treatment...
  14. JoshRountree

Frozen line - OK to leave power on?

This is an opinion, so take it for what it's worth, but I wouldn't bury a heat tape line. If you're going to the trouble of digging up the existing line I would bury it below the frost line, if that's not an option I would add insulation.
  15. JoshRountree

Preferred Well Head Fittings?

Thanks for all the help everyone. I ended up thawing it out yesterday and we finally have water! Here's a picture of the current configuration - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B11N4ADcYEn3S1dscUVZNFMwT0pKRHRuYmk1bzlHbEZieklj/view?usp=sharing I'd like to change it because I think it's...
  16. JoshRountree

Cool, I like that idea, I've seen the long-barb fitting in a couple of places.
  17. JoshRountree

Test 2 wire pump

Hi, we've had record lows here and I thought my pipes froze at the well head, but now I'm leaning towards the pump is burned out. I've had heat tape and used my heat gun for 2 days. Can you test a 2 wire pump? I disconnected the pump wires at the well head and tested for continuity between the...
  18. JoshRountree

I was thinking the poly pipe would come right through the well seal, and the well seal bolts would hold it as they were tightened. Guess not... Would this work, black poly pipe, brass or stainless barb fitting, a brass/stainless nipple, then either a tee like in the diagram, or a 90 coming off...
  19. JoshRountree

Pitless sure does seem simpler now that I think about it. I'm in the northwestern most part of NC, we saw -3 Thursday morning :( Let's pretend due to code or something else you couldn't use a pitless, what's the preferred fittings then?
  20. JoshRountree

Frozen line - OK to leave power on?

I would think that leaving the power to the pump on while the line is frozen will cause the pump to burn out. Moving water is the primary purpose of the pump, but it also cools the pump. Somebody can correct me if I'm wrong, but I would leave the power off until you get the line unfrozen...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks