Search results

1. Dcelite

Buying New Moen Kitchen Faucet: Local Plumbing Supply

Your plumber is correct about the same faucet at Home Depot being made cheaper. Also, I would suggest keeping the faucet from the supply house. We have seen too many customers buy online but then they can't get warranty issues taken care of without paying for them.
  2. Dcelite

Main sanitary drain under house broken.

You can replace the pipe with a trenchless pipe bursting. Then you would just need one hole in the slab inside and a hole outside. Then they pull a new pipe through and make the connections at each end.
  3. Dcelite

Pb? Polybutylene Piping

I would think if it's 60 ' and you are doing it yourself, there shouldn't be more than 400.00 of material. The fitting looks like a poly that was used here (Northern CA) in the 1980s called Quest. They went out of business because of the lawsuits, and it had to be replaced.
  4. Dcelite

Is your house on a concrete slab?
  5. Dcelite

Bathroom Supply Lines Entry Point

Just curious. I've not heard of the 10:30 position before?
  6. Dcelite

gas meter code(s)?

1) It depends on your provider. Here our provider, PG&E, puts the 3/4" plug after the meter so that they can hook up a temporary gas tank to your house if they need to shut down the main incoming gas service. As for testing, you need to remove the meter any way to either install the guage or...
  7. Dcelite

Sewage Ejector Pump versus Grinder Pump

We've plumbed hundreds of below grade facilities and we've always used a sewage ejection pump with no problems.
  8. Dcelite

Basement remodel - bathroom DWV review?

1) You can continue the 4" all the way to the laundry if you wish. That may allow you to have a 4" end of the line clean out. You should have a clean out under the sink also. If the whirlpool vent is within 5' of the 4" line then you won't need a clean out on the 2" whirpool drain. 2)...
  9. Dcelite

A snake can break a drain line but I doubt that's what happened here. If the line had dirt in it before he started snaking it, the pipe was allready broken which would have caused the back up. Plastic pipe can break due to stress placed on it. Maybe as it passes under the foundation in the...
  10. Dcelite

Drain and vent for laundry tub

You have the right idea. We can not use AAV's here so you would have to run the vent through the roof or tie into another vent, but, if AAV are acceptable in you area, you're good to go. Of course, if it's not getting inspected, you're the only one who has to live with it.
  11. Dcelite

toilet to urinal rough in

A wall hung urinal will take a 2" drain. If the existing toilet vent is directly behind the urinal you can cut in a 2" tapped san tee. After the wall is closed up, you install the urinal flange with a threaded nipple usually 1/4" off the finished wall. Put backing in the wall for the wall hung...
  12. Dcelite

Kitchen sink vent

You can cap off the dishwasher drain and run the vent for the sink around the king stud & trimmer to the right in the cabinet, below the counter top. Then back into the stud bay and straight through the roof.
  13. Dcelite

iron P trap replacement

1) You can cut the existing trap off with a reciprocating saw and then transition to plastic with a shielded no hub coupling. 2) The waste & overflow can be offset if need be. Sometimes we offset them to miss a joist that's directly under the tub drain.
  14. Dcelite

Threaded Connections and No Access Panel

You'll want to be able to do periodic visual inspections. I never install deck faucets with flex lines. Hooking it up with rigid pipe also helps keep the faucet more secure.
  15. Dcelite

Lead P trap under tub?

I would remove the steel from out of the cast iron and pack a new pipe into the hub with lead wool. You may be able to find a no hub coupling that fits over the lead and steel. Maybe a coupling for 2" thin wall plastic.
  16. Dcelite

Kitchen-washer cast iron drain is corroded

If you can not run the pipe with 1/4"/ft slope then you need a pump. Can you run the pipe outside and put the pipe in a trench to run it to the sewer line?
  17. Dcelite

Installing new tub - is there an easy way to extend PVC drain pipe 1/2"

You can put a bend on the existing PVC (45, st. 45, or 60) and then swing the trap back to the center you need.
  18. Dcelite

Thermasol steam unit

I would get the Thermasol. Also, get one with auto-flush system.
  19. Dcelite

tankless water

If you're talking about running the hot from the tankless through the small electric heater, you will get some hot water at first but you'll get a cold water sandwich as the electric heater is refilled with the cold water in the pipes before the tankless' hot water gets there. You can run a...
  20. Dcelite

3-story Townhouse Drain & Vent Design

You just need to vent each fixture. You don't have to have a stack vent. There's never a stack vent in any of the custom homes we do.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks