Search results

1. Seawolf

Considerations for Burying Sump Pump PVC Drain Pipe

Hi. I originally posted this query in the pump forum, but having received no responses after several hours, I've moved it here, where I hope for better coverage. I have a small sump (<12" x 12" x 12") in my back yard. The previous home owner had the sump pump drain into the house's sewer...
  2. Seawolf

Any special considerations for buring a pvc drain pipe for sump pump?

In hope of getting more coverage, I've posted this query in the general plumbing forum. I have a small sump (<12" x 12" x 12") in my back yard. The previous home owner had the pump drain into the sewer main, which I've read is wrong. Without the sump pump operating, my backyard and my...
  3. Seawolf

Faucet stem unscrews, but won't come out

Well, there's always a next time! Incidentally, there was a broken washer in the recess above the seat. Maybe that contributed or caused the impedence. I don't know.
  4. Seawolf

Just as a post script, I measured the diameter of the diverter hole. It looked to be like 1.5". I can state with certainty that I now have the Chinese version of the Price Pfister Verve. China is stamped into the brass. The stems that I replaced had USA stamped onto them.
  5. Seawolf

Thanks for all the replies and help. I pulled harder and it came out. I guess there was some obstruction that I didn't notice.
  6. Seawolf

The handles in the photo are the replacement handles that came with the Danco Tub and Shower Remodeling Kit for the Price Pfister Verve. The stem is not completely unscrewing from the female fitting. (I believe due a threading malfunction.) The hole size is definitely not the problem. I was...
  7. Seawolf

No, I didn't mess with the packing nut. I'm rotating the whole body counter clockwise, as I did on hot and cold. Could there be reverse threads on the end? I can't test that now as I put everything back together, and it is a PITA to turn off the water supply-- (my next project). Can I work on...
  8. Seawolf

I guess I'll just put her back together and hope in the future she doesn't leak. (I'll replace the flange and handle that came with rebuild kit.) The only solution I see involves breaching the wall.
  9. Seawolf

I've tried shaking it. The hole is clear. Sorry for the ugly photo. Maybe I should add that I used a dremel to grind away tile along the hole's circumference so that there would be the necessary clearance to get the socket in. I did this on the other faucets with no problem. I don't think I...
  10. Seawolf

I've replaced the faucet stems on the hot and cold faucets on my bath tub, using the shower valve socket wrench. However when I try to remove the diverter stem, the stem unscrews to the point where the stem is all wobbly like it should come out, but no matter how many times I rotate the stem it...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks