Search results

1. Rldev

Clack WS-1 metered(on-demand) regen question.

I have had to adjust my clack ws-1 settings due to changes in my local water supply. My question is about metered regeneration. My valve is set for metered regeneration. I have set a 14 day override. The override will never be invoked in my system. The other day while working in the same room...
  2. Rldev

Gurgling Gas Water Heater

I have searched and could not find anything. My 50 gal gas water heater frequently gurgles if I flush the toilet that is near it or run cold water in my nearby slop sink. I have soft water and flush my heater every year. I replaced the anode rod last year(nothing was left of the old one). The...
  3. Rldev

Clack WS1-CS need help programing

Hi Folks, It's been a while. I'm grateful for all the help in the past. I just refurbished my 17 year old water softener system. I emptied, cleaned and sanitized my brine tank and resin tank. I cleaned all components and replaced several. I refilled my resin tank with new gravel and 10% cross...
  4. Rldev

Water Softener Sizing

Ok. I found the town water report so it may be more helpful as to what I need. The link below shows my town water quality report. http://www.essexfellsboro.com/web_co...EssexFells.pdf My Hardness= 22 gpg Adults: generally 3. One month of the year 5 Adults. I'm looking for salt efficient and...
  5. Rldev

Need to make adjustments to water softener

I have a Clack WS-1 water softener. I was doing some maintenance and feel like the water is just not as soft as it once was. The system is about 13 years old. I just bought a Hatch 5B tester and my water shows 0 hardness. My settings are as follows: Clack Settings Capacity: 24000 grains Salt...
  6. Rldev

Looking for a good tempering valve for my gas hot water heater

I'm Looking for a good tempering valve for my gas hot water heater. Any recommendations. The ones I see online with reviews all claim they don't even put out 120 F. I see Honeywell gets the vote here. Something like Honeywell R-AM-101C-US-1? I have 3/4" copper pipe.
  7. Rldev

Whole house water filter recommendations?

I have to say researching whole house water filters can be difficult. Lots of hyperbole and no documentation. I currently have a water softener with a WS-1 valve. My ward is hard and stinks of chlorine. I figured it was time to start filtering my water and stop buying bottled water. I have...
  8. Rldev

New Toto Dartmouth running

I installed a new Toto Dartmouth as per the advice of this board. I love it. I didn't know what a good flush was until I installed this. However the unit occasionally runs after flushing. It doesn't happen often, but it does happen. There must be a problem with the flapper. Any advice?
  9. Rldev

Fluid Master 400a Loud

Hello Folks, I just replaced the fill mechanism of an old Kohler one piece toilet with a Fluid Master 400a. The toilet is not very loud when filling up. I have tried adjusting the water supply, but it is loud or acceptable but takes a very long time to fill the tank. Fluid Master is a good...
  10. Rldev

Cracked toilet tank

Well I picked up my very expensive Vitra toilet today. I was in a rush, I thought I inspected the toilet at the Plumbing Supply. I get home and the tank is cracked in the back(I don't think it can be repaired but it is not all the way through, but 3 inches). Also a piece chipped off on the lid...
  11. Rldev

Is Vitra a good toilet?

Hello Folks, I have found only one toilet that closely matches the Am Std. Retrospect console sink I am planning to buy. It is called a Vitra Aria. It is not cheap at about $425. However, it is almost a perfect match, even better then Am Std.s match toilet. Does anyone have a Vitra or have...
  12. Rldev

Quality 54 inch tub

Hello Folks, I have a real problem. I am in need of a 54 inch tub for a bathroom remodel, but have only found 5 models. 2 are porcelain on steel 2 are ultra tuff/armour plus (assuming similar to americast). 1 is cast iron(kohler), but has no tile flange so it does not seem as if it was...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks