Search results

1. dancour

2 pumps in one well ??? Heat Pump and House

An Update on 2 Pumps in one well. Yes, it was a tight squeeze getting the 2 pumps in one excellent 8" well. And yes, if the new 3/4 hp Berkeley, set at 100 feet dies first, I'll have to pull the 1/2 hp Franklin. I did enclose the Berkeley wires passing the Frankin in a 3/4 conduit to avoid...
  2. dancour

Iron Filter & Ground Source Heat Pump

Sounds like a salesman with a calculator. "Only 36 cycles per day is still 13,140 cycles per year." Well, who runs their heat pump 365 days a year ? PS I did buy a CSV ....
  3. dancour

Iron Filter & Ground Source Heat Pump

Your math may be right "Cycling every 10 minutes is 144 cycles per day", but who runs their pump 24 hours a day?
  4. dancour

Bladder Tank Sizing for Variable Speed Pump

I understand that the small bladder tank only softens the many stops and starts of the pump. If you brush your teeth, it turns on and off. As for the pressure setting, Franklin Monodrive recommends 70% of set pressure. So a system set for 50 psi, would have a pressure tank setting of 35 psi...
  5. dancour

That's a good point Valveman. I'm not looking forward to pulling my hand pump, just to replace my submersible.
  6. dancour

I made an error on the well diameter. It is 8" (not 6") and has a depth of 220' but pumps non stop 30 gpm @ 120'.
  7. dancour

Thanks Valveman for your detailed response … but I like the idea having 2 submersibles in one well for redundancy purposes. With a couple extra lines and valves, I could use either in case of an emergency. My heat pump runs off the well and I wouldn’t want to have to pull it mid winter...
  8. dancour

2 pumps in one well Presently, we have a 1/3 hp @ 80' and are operating both the heat pump on stage one and house satisfactorily. I've purchased a Berkerly B15P4MS to replace the 1/3 hp but I thought 2 pumps might work: one operating at 25 psi (HP) and the other at 50 psi (house). As you say...
  9. dancour

Can I install 2 submersible pumps in one 8" well. One pump for household needs and one to feed the water-to-air heat pump. The well produces 30 gpm at a draw down of 60'. Yje well is 220 ft deep. I want 6 gpm for the household using a 1/2hp submersible (set down at 80') and 7-12 gpm for the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks