Search results

1. ScAndal

Geothermal Radiant Heat pressure loss

I have a Geothermal heat pump that also has a water boiler addon that heats my radiant floors. I just noticed that the pressure in the radiant loop is zero. I don't see anywhere to fill and re-pressurize the system. Could I just hook a hose up to the holding tank until I get a fair amount of...
  2. ScAndal

CPVC Drain Line

I want to swap my drain lines on my Water Softener and Iron Filter. I'd like to switch to CPVC for a more ridgid and routable drain option. I've never seen pictures on how people are connecting CPVC to their devices? Is there an adapter or just running existing nylon tubing into CPVC?
  3. ScAndal

Water Softener having NO effect on hardness

I've got a new water softener with a Fleck 5810SXT valve that is not working. It's almost like it's in bypass mode still. I've watched the Brine draw and brine fill appear to be working properly. I've watched it drain and re-fill. What could be causing literally no impact? Hach hardness...
  4. ScAndal

Replacing Pressure Tank - Mixing Brass with Stainless

I picked up a 86gal pressure tank for my well pump and i'm looking to install it this weekend. They only had Stainless steel tee in stock, but pressure relief valve, drain, pressure gauge and nipple for pressure switch are all brass. Is there a problem mixing these?
  5. ScAndal

Replace my discountinued 7000sx softener valve?

I have the Fleck 7000sx (5 years old) on a 2.5cu 13" tank. I'm about to re-bed the resin and i'm seeing the 7000sx is discontinued. Should I be worried before dumping time and money into this unit without replacing the valve?
  6. ScAndal

Help with settings for my new 7000SXT

I have purchased and installed a Fleck 7000SXT 80k softener and I'm ready to test it out. Note: I will be purchasing a separate iron filter in the near future but needed to get softener up and running because my slowly dying unit finally died. I'm assuming I'll have to tweak settings after...
  7. ScAndal

Need new softener advice

I'm new and researching softeners. I did a drop hardness test yesterday and it measured 32gpg. Hach test turned from pink to purple. The Hach support said that indicates around 1g/ml of iron. 4 people (2 adults, 2 children) well water I was looking at the Fleck 5600sxt and wondering if I...
  8. ScAndal

Can someone help me with what type of toilet flange I should get? (see pics)

My guess is it would have to 'insert' into the current abs pipe after unscrewing that cap? -ScAndal
  9. ScAndal

Screwing shower door track into tile/mortar curb

I have a frameless shower door: http://www.surplusdecor.com/v/vspfiles/photos/CZ6318-BN-3.gif I need to screw the bottom tracks into the tile/mortar curb. What is the recommended way to do that? ScAndal
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks