Search results

1. D

Confused on GFCI, AFCI or just status quo in the kitchen

There's nothing wrong with a shared neutral (or with ring mains, for that matter), if done properly. Standard service in the US is 120/240. For a shared neutral the two hot conductors must be connected to opposite phases in the panelboard. For this reason the code requires a handle-tie...
  2. D

Kohler Tea for Two Drain

We're considering a drop-in installation of a Kohler Tea for Two soaker tub. My distributor has given me a couple of horror stories about the "required" Kohler drain, and I've seen more online. Plus, the only drain they have is a brass slip joint, and I'd prefer to go with a glue up to avoid...
  3. D

Venting Toilet Fixture Arm

With the new WC there are only three fixtures on the entire drain system; another toilet one story down and about 15' horizontally from this, with a 2" vent that comes up to the main stack just below the roof, and a kitchen sink that vents separately directly above itself. The main stack only...
  4. D

Sorry, forgot those key details. UPC - IRC would be no question:) Everything else below is vented separately, won't have a wet vent on lower fixtures. Some of those vents tie in to the stack in the rafters above this toilet, but that should be OK as above the FL of the toilet.
  5. D

I'm plumbing a new upstairs toilet. The way I have it currently laid out, the toilet flange goes through the floor, immediately connected to a 90 degree sweep. There's 7" of horizontal pipe on the end of the sweep, then a combo that ties in to the main stack. Nothing enters the stack above...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks