Search results

1. ricknbeth

Septic Tank Effluent Filter Plugged With Tiny Worm Type Things

I had a new septic system install two years ago. It has backed up twice now because of a plugged effluent filter (I think that's the correct term). The filter was packed full of small worm like things (less than 1/2 inch long). My installer has been doing septics for a long time and has never...
  2. ricknbeth

New Septic Dosing Tank: Pump, Float and Alarm System Advice

Okay. I guess I was just thinkng there needed to be more. When I got home today, my installer was ready for inspection and he needed me to complete the electrical tonight. I used two PVC boxes and mounted them in the riser, one for 120V for the pump and floats and another for the low voltage...
  3. ricknbeth

That sounds good but where do you actually make and conceal the connections to the wires that come connected to the pump and floats? I just want to cut the plugs off and hardwire them in a jbox somewhere. I don't need a control box outside. I just need to connect power to the pumps via the...
  4. ricknbeth

Thanks again ballvalve. I won't panic if the alarm is on. The tanks are set in place and now I can see how the risers are designed and I have all the hardware and know how to connect everything electrically. Where to run and connect the wires seems to be a topic often debated. I was told...
  5. ricknbeth

I spoke with my installer today and have a better idea of the riser design. He uses PVC sections that screw together so the electrical connections will be in there. I understand that there will be two covers (main top and a safety cover) and the electrical box will be between the tank and...
  6. ricknbeth

Thanks agian for the reply. I am set with the actual parts but am now wondering about where to make all the electrical connections for the pump and floats at the tank. I am hearing different opinions about putting them in the tank or on a post above ground (apporopriate box in either case)...
  7. ricknbeth

Thanks for the info ballvalve. I think one of your links called my system a mound system. I have always called it a engineered raised field. The pump will pump to a dist box and feed 4" perf pipe so I assume that's considered a low pressure system. A simple 110V bell alarm looks fine and...
  8. ricknbeth

I am in the process of getting a new raised septic field and tanks installed. I will have a dosing tank that needs a pump, float, alarm etc. I need to pump about 350 feet to my new field (the yard is flat between the tank and field). I want to get a good pump/float/alarm system and wanted...
  9. ricknbeth

Sewer gas from septic tank bubbling through P traps

I had a perc test today and I need to have a raised engineered field installed. They want me to replace the old tanks and the area where I want to put the field is over 300' from the tanks so it's going to be quite a bill....likely around $18K. I was hoping the town would run sewer before...
  10. ricknbeth

I plan to meet with the county tomorrow to ask what all my options would be - including if I can somehow repair the existing field. I am curious to see what they say before I get a perc test. If they don't offer many options, I will do some reaserch with some private engineers who work in...
  11. ricknbeth

Thanks for the info again ballvalve. I made a number of calls today and have learned that in our county, the only option is to have a county health dept. engineer design any and all septic field modifications and installations. No one will touch an old field or install a new one without a...
  12. ricknbeth

I am quite sure the county will not allow any work on the old field as just about evey neighbor has been through this now and they all have a lovely raised field in their backyards. The water table here is just to high to pass any perc test ( I assume that's what they still do). I will try...
  13. ricknbeth

I had more time this weekend to check this out and it's being caused by a bad drain field. I was able to dig up three clean outs and the problem is obvious. I will need to have a raised engineered field constructed to replace it. I am sure the county will not let me do any work to the old...
  14. ricknbeth

Yes, the roof vent is clear. I ran a snake down passed the bubbling drains. Snake dropped in very easily and was dry so I don't have any standing water in pipes. The vent is a straight shot down the wall to the crawl space so I was able to check that all drain pipe hangers are still in place...
  15. ricknbeth

Thanks for the reply. There is a vent through the roof in the same system where the studor vents are installed because there is also a toilet and tub in the system. I would never use just a studor vent and don't really like to use them at all but since I had a roof vent so close I was not very...
  16. ricknbeth

Hi, I recently started getting sewer gas bubbling through the P traps in the kitchen and a bath sink. I am guessing that it's because the septic field is not handling the water as this only occurs when we use the washing machine and run many loads back to back and put a lot of water in the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks