Septic Tank Effluent Filter Plugged With Tiny Worm Type Things

Users who are viewing this thread

ricknbeth

Reaction score
I had a new septic system install two years ago. It has backed up twice now because of a plugged effluent filter (I think that's the correct term). The filter was packed full of small worm like things (less than 1/2 inch long). My installer has been doing septics for a long time and has never seen anything like it. It plugged up yesterday after only about six weeks since last cleaning. I also noticed there are many very small dead flying insects stuck to the inside of the plastic riser lid and interior safely cover. The first time it clogged, there were hundreds if not thousands of these worms alive in clumps in the tank. I think this time, most were dead and floating in the tank.

The ststem is a two tank type with first tank being a dual chamber. The second tank contains the pump that pumps out to a raised engineered field. The filter is located in the pipe between the two tanks.

Anyone have any ideas as to what I should do? I will of course be checking that filter every month now but I would not think that is normal.

Thanks, Rick

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks