Search results

1. B

Basement Vent/Waste piping

Ok so I got done with the permit office today.. and the couplings in my basement are what they require. so thats one issue down... Also the office confirmed I have a rough in for a toilet and shower, but nothing for a sink... so I was told I can run the sink drain to one of the existing vent...
  2. B

basement rough in - Floor plan?

As the diagram shows, YES there is a vent stack for each of the two pipes. One for the 2" pipe, and one for the toilet. The main drain stack is just off the plan to the Right. Which if you put a shower in for the 2" drain, and then put a Basin in to the right of the shower, the basin ends...
  3. B

basement rough in - Floor plan?

Alright, I thought I had everything figured out, and then BAM -- It was mentioned to me that if the 2" pipe is was meant to be a sink when plumbed then no p trap.. which means no shower/tub.. without of course slab breakup and below grade plumbing work..... Which I had wanted to avoid. So...
  4. B

Thanks, looks like I have some questions for the permit review, about the original installation. Hmm I am outside my 1 year warranty, but if something isn't up to snuff.. the builder better still deal with it... shoot they have 2 warranty issues they still have to deal with anyway. PS the...
  5. B

This house is less than 2 years old.. so I would assume it is correct for code here (Castle Rock, Colorado)... but those are not the same couplings that I see in my basement. Every vent stack and every waste stack, has one of these flexible couplings just above the cleanout. What are these...
  6. B

Thanks.. As far as the flexible coupling.. I didn't know the name of them... so they may be no-hubs.... They look like rubber bulbs sort of, and have hose clamps holding them on both ends of the fitting. The reason for these fittings in this application is we have clay soil, which is prone to...
  7. B

Ok so after my own writing last night and sleeping on it... Here is my new proposed plumbing setup..... Will this all work, and it is code, etc... of course any of my questions from above still apply...
  8. B

I am finishing my basement. The rough in only had 2 outlets, and my wife wants a shower , so I am using the 2 rough in's for the toilet and shower. The sink is going to end up 6.5-7' from the main drain stack so I as planning on simply tieing it's waste into the main drain stack... I really...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks