Search results

1. O

PEX quick disconnect or crimp?

Right now I have both crimp fittings and quick disconnect fittings on the PEX in my house. The only differences I have found so far... Crimp 1. Requires a tool to install 2. made of copper 3. Costs 1/2 as much as copper fittings Quick Disconnect 1. No tools required to install 2. Plastic...
  2. O

Pex manifold: copper or plastic

I am a do it yourselfer and to me that is UUUGGGLLLYYY. I mean at least when i did it I "mounted" the PEX to the beams to make it look nice. I guess thats more from running electrical wiring that I want it to look nice. Basically so you can tell "hey that goes here and that goes here" without...
  3. O

Pex manifold: copper or plastic

hmm I have experienced just the opposite. How can you not like PEX? Its quicker to install, cost 1/4 of the price for the same amount of copper. I actually got turned on to PEX by the plumber who replumbed my full bathroom. I then used it for the 1/2 bath I installed myself (I am one of...
  4. O

Increasing Water Pressure

Or it could be like my house was before I installed PEX. 3/4" steal to 3/4" PVC to 1/2 pvc to 3/4" copper to 1/2 pvc to 3/4" copper. thats just on the cold water line. hot water line was same way. I removed most of the pvc and copper then ran 3/4" PEX upto everything and then reduced the...
  5. O

PEX And Freezing Winter Temperatures

I am sorry for "resurrecting" such an old thread but I had to say something. I found this while looking for methods to unthaw a frozen pex pipe that I surrounded with a ton of insulation (found out it got frozen because my kids closed the heater vent so it got cold in that room). Anyway THAT...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks