Search results

1. Dana

If you own, install, or service Navien equipment...

Navien tankless water heaters, boilers, and combi-boiler with water tube heat exchangers have a generally good reputation. Now the bad news... There appears to be high failure rates of the exhaust vent gasket at the sheet metal under the vent collar, and failures the combustion chamber seal at...
  2. Dana

If you own, install, or service Navien equipment...

Navien tankless water heaters, boilers, and combi-boiler with water tube heat exchangers have a generally good reputation. Now the bad news... There appears to be high failure rates of the exhaust vent gasket at the sheet metal under the vent collar, and failures the combustion chamber seal at...
  3. Dana

Coming soon, to a smart-grid near you...

THREE element electric hot water heaters, with the bottom element controlled by the utility (to manage and use excess off-peak grid power rather than dumping that power.) Load management/demand-response is becoming a really hot topic among grid operators looking for higher grid reliability and...
  4. Dana

Decommissioning a flue

My newer gas fired heat/hot water system is side vented, and I've been pondering what's the best/right/legal option for decommissioning the flue. This is a circa 1923 red brick chimney with two separate terra cotta lined flues, one for a (not-much-used but functional) wood burning fireplace...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks