Search results

1. Gusherb94

Which size would you go with?

Trying to decide between a Bradford White 50 gallon 65,000 BTU model, or the 75 gallon model. Existing is a 25 yr old Ruud 50 gallon 60,000 BTU WH. Hard to size a new one based on that because the thermostat is worn out and it's definitely not putting out like it used to. The factors are: 3...
  2. Gusherb94

Gerber Quality Issues

Has Gerber quality gone to pot (no pun intended) recently? I purchased a Viper the other day and the first bowl had a tiny pinhole of glaze missing inside the bowl. Took it back and I'm noticing after mounting the tank to the second one that it has a pretty extreme rearward lean, that to me is...
  3. Gusherb94

Reparing Unlevel, Broken Flange

How would one go about repairing this short of ripping up the subfloor and replacing the whole damn thing? In the picture; the lefthand side is the back of the flange. The screws have failed. When you tighten the bolts it just pulls the whole flange up, but the toilet still stays somewhat...
  4. Gusherb94

Are Bradford Tanks Still Having Issues?

I've been hearing there have been issues with fairly new tanks leaking after a short period of time. Is that still a problem? From what I can gather it sounds like probably no more then usual, but at the same time perhaps they are having some quality issues the last few years. I want to...
  5. Gusherb94

6" CI x 4" PVC

I've got a 6" CI sewer line coming up out of the basement floor, there is a 6" tee, and from the (righthand) side a 6" main that runs the perimeter of the basement wall joins in here, goes down and out. Then there's the top of the tee where a piece of 6" cast iron still remains which is cut...
  6. Gusherb94

Who Made Sears Brand Toilets In 1980?

Im wondering as long before i was born, In my parents first house that they bought in 1980 and redid the bathroom then, they replaced the toilet with a sears brand toilet, and my mom talks about that toilet as if it were a saint and how it really held up to three kids (my siblings), so i wanted...
  7. Gusherb94

Question for SewerRatz

So i have a question that I thought you could answer since your a chicago plumber and i assume are familiar with type of building i'm describing it's a early 1900s three story brick building with the first floor being a storefront and the top two floors apts it's on halsted in the bridgeport...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks