Search results

1. Well Doner

UV LED retrofit

I had a 12 gmp whole house Ultraviolet UV water sterilizer installed when we remodeled our house. The thing really heats up the water during the night and the cold water is very hot in the morning. Does anyone know of LED retrofits for an existing system? I've not been successful in finding...
  2. Well Doner

Need "extra long pattern closet flange"

I could use a 3" coupling and a 3" off the shelf closet flange, but the above (shortened to 4") eliminates one fitting.
  3. Well Doner

I found this one online -- I called the local plumbing supply houses -- didn't get intelligent life forms. All they had was the "usual" closet flanges, the only extended ones they have are for cast iron (I can get those from Lowes or Home Depot!). So, looks like I will have to order it.
  4. Well Doner

I am in need of a PVC "extra long pattern closet flange." I have an Oatey that is 3" (top to bottom), but I need one that is 4" (top to bottom). I see that Law Supply has both a 4" and a 6" http://www.lawsupply.net/brass_ware/toilet_parts/index.htm (Item CF-15P-340). Law Supply is not close...
  5. Well Doner

Water pressure boost

Interesting idea, hadn't thought of that. A check valve would be between the sprinklers and the house, so the pressure drop of the sprinklers should stabilize before the house pressure tank would drop much in pressure. Check valve would then open and refill (pressurize) the house tank.
  6. Well Doner

Water pressure boost

I do think that there is plenty of pressure (and capacity) for the sprinklers and the house, it is the inrush when they turn on that creates an abrupt pressure drop, in a few seconds it is back to normal pressure. My thought was that the air tank at the house would not boost the upper...
  7. Well Doner

Water pressure boost

My well is about 400 feet from the house. There are two water lines leaving the well, one goes to the house and sprinklers, the other is only for sprinklers, etc. I have a CSV and a Welltrox WX-102 at the well head. Pressure switch is set at 40/60. I'd not so much want higher pressure...
  8. Well Doner

15 amp and 20 amp circuits in same box

It's not the outlet that would be 20 amp, it's the circuit and of course, the 20 amp circuit has #12 wire. I did get out a multiplier and a surge protector multiplier. You are right the top and bottom blades are not connected.
  9. Well Doner

Just so I understand -- Are the neutrals not connected because of the different amperage of the circuits? I ask this because several of the switch boxes have switches from different 15 amp circuits. In this case the neutrals are all connected.
  10. Well Doner

I could put two duplex recepticals -- I presume that I can put them in the same box (yes, I know, connect all neutrals and grounds).
  11. Well Doner

I have added a partition wall in an existing space (next to kitchen). I will be adding one outlet extending the existing 20 amp circuit. Also, I want to have one of these outlets switched with the overhead light circuit. I am wondering if there is a problem with cutting the "hot" tab on the...
  12. Well Doner

WatcoFlex tub drain

These can be ordered with "Lift and Turn", "PresFlo", or "Push Pull" stoppers.
  13. Well Doner

WatcoFlex tub drain

I need the direct drain configuration. It is also available with a more normal configuration.
  14. Well Doner

WatcoFlex tub drain

Any comments regarding WatcoFlex® flexible bath drains. https://www.buyeagle.biz/WatcoFlex I have a tight space and one of these would make life a little simpler.
  15. Well Doner

Bathroom Basement Remodel Plumbing Rough-In.

I thought it was 6" above the fixture served by the vent.
  16. Well Doner

Plumbed Towel Warmer

I absolutely love green copper, but I doubt the wife will like its effect on the white towels.
  17. Well Doner

Plumbed Towel Warmer

Thanks for all the responses. I tend to be cautious about the electric models -- electric heat is simply a controlled short. Also it is a plug in appliance with a life span, I'll eventually end up with some funny holes in the wall where it was mounted. A hot water system on the other hand...
  18. Well Doner

Plumbed Towel Warmer

I'd like to install a towel warmer. Not the electric type, but plumbed into the hot water line connected to the shower valve. Electric heaters and ones designed for hot water heating systems are available, but I can't seem to find one that uses the shower hot supply water to lightly warm...
  19. Well Doner

Toilet Venting

Thank you for your response. Alright, #2 toilet will have its own vent. I can either go up to a 90 over connecting to the #1 vent (above toilet bowl level), enclosing this in a new pony wall, OR (the latest thought to make the wife happy), up at 45 degrees as far as I can without notching the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks