Need "extra long pattern closet flange"

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by Well Doner, Jun 26, 2012.

1. Well Doner

Well Doner New Member

I am in need of a PVC "extra long pattern closet flange." I have an Oatey that is 3" (top to bottom), but I need one that is 4" (top to bottom). I see that Law Supply has both a 4" and a 6" http://www.lawsupply.net/brass_ware/toilet_parts/index.htm (Item CF-15P-340). Law Supply is not close :), I might be able to find it locally if I had a manufacturer and part number. Can anyone help with that?
  2. Well Doner

Well Doner New Member

I found this one online --
    I called the local plumbing supply houses -- didn't get intelligent life forms. All they had was the "usual" closet flanges, the only extended ones they have are for cast iron (I can get those from Lowes or Home Depot!). So, looks like I will have to order it.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2014
  3. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Well...........I've been plumbing since the 70's and have never used one of those.
    They tend to sell to plumbers that do things right the first time. That looks like a "fix-it" part.
  4. Well Doner

Well Doner New Member

I could use a 3" coupling and a 3" off the shelf closet flange, but the above (shortened to 4") eliminates one fitting.
  5. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

A plumbing supply house, like many other agencies, does NOT stock items that they might sell once in every 5 or 10 years.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2014