Search results

1. Corkym

Patching a slab

I had to cut a hole in my slab so my plumber could get in and fix a cross connection. My question is, what's the best way to patch the hole. The slab sits on a red clay bed. The hole is about 18" x 18" and about 10" deep. Can I fill the hole with gravel or sand to the base of the slab or...
  2. Corkym

Plastic Sleeving for copper pipe

I need to find some plastic sleeving for copper pipe to protect it from concrete. I tried on-line searches but apparently I don't have the right terms. The big box stores don't seem to carry it. Thanks
  3. Corkym

Crossed Hot & Cold Water Lines

Crossed Hot & Cold Hot Water Lines Unfortunately, there is a toilet involved. Getting a plumber involved is necessary but not that easy. Out of the three we contacted, only one has come out and he really wasn't helpful. I may have to find one out of Houston or Austin. Since there were...
  4. Corkym

Crossed Hot and Cold Hot Water Lines Thanks for the quick replies. Actually, I have a pretty good relationship with the contractor. He just doesn't believe that his plumber is responsible. I disagree, of course. I have talked to the previous owners and they say there was never a problem...
  5. Corkym

We had a contractor do a kitchen addition about two years ago. We didn't do the finish out until 6 months ago. After I put in the sinks and faucets, we discovered that we had no hot water in the kitchen or the utility room, which were both affected by the remodel. I did some sleuthing and...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks