Search results

1. BlackToe

Air gap requirement for dishwasher

You mean *in-line* before the traps, or just somewhere higher than the traps (like maybe below the AAV)? I'm really not too concerned about this cleanout for two reasons: 1) I'm 37, and I've never had a drain pipe clog in my homes, and 2) if I get a clog above the ABS, I can loosen the rubber...
  2. BlackToe

You mean this - "¿"? Try typing ¿. It's an HTML encoding issue. It could be caused by using a language other than U.S. English on the computer. More info at http://tlt.its.psu.edu/suggestions/international/web/codehtml.html
  3. BlackToe

After sleeping on this, I think I misunderstood your answer. Are you saying the vertical run needs to be 2", up to and including the Santee, but I can transition to 1.5" after that? Or does the wye have to be 2", also? I think I'll probably just replace the wye with 2", anyhow, so I don't...
  4. BlackToe

I pretty much followed the ideas presented here: http://www.polaris.net/palmk/GDplumbing.html In short, the two traps create less restriction than a tee, and the two 45's make for a less noisy drain. I don't claim to be any kind of expert, but this made sense to my plumbing-tarded mind. I...
  5. BlackToe

Thanks for the replies, guys. I asked a friend who lives in a newly-built home nearby, and she said there is no air gap in her sink. She *did* know what an air gap is, so I don't think she just didn't see it. Not sure what that says, as her house obviously passed inspection. At any rate, I...
  6. BlackToe

I'm plumbing my new kitchen island, and I'm about to install a new Jenn-Air dishwasher. It has a built-in "high loop" on the side of the unit, and I plan to connect its drain hose to my disposer. The inspector told me (in a voice mail) that all dishwashers require an air gap per WA state code...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks