Search results

1. Gdunbar

How much lip for Fernco needed?HELP

There is a 2in cast iron pipe for shower drain which has been snapped just above the Bell coupler. It is jagged, ranges like teeth from about .5in to 1in. Surface was crusty but solid. First the plumber used Fernco 2in cast to 2in ABS. This allowed a leak to seep from cast iron (at the...
  2. Gdunbar

Cast iron to ABS Tub drain

Had plumbers remove old 2in cast iron p trap for a shower, and install a ABS 1.5in P trap for a tub/shower. All he did was jackhammer around, snap cut the cast which broke all jagged at the lead coupler. He left about a lip ranging from .5in to 1 in protruding from the old Lead coupler. He...
  3. Gdunbar

Symmons Shower valve PLATE

I am remodeling a bathroom, and would like to reuse the Symmons Temp-trol shower/bath valve, which is barely a year old. So the deal is they used this large round plate to hide the large hole. But now I am rebuilding the whole wall/tile so I could cut a small hole, is there a way to get a...
  4. Gdunbar

That Ultramax U like, supply line?

I've ordered that Toto ultramax (with SG) and am awaiting its arrival. I've downloaded the rough in instructions. Where does the supply line come in? According to drawings it is 5 inches off center to Right (if you are looking at it from front). I always thought supply line comes from the...
  5. Gdunbar

Tub suggestions?

I recently ordered the toilet that Terry suggests. CAn't wait. But I'd also like a suggestion for a tub. 5 footer, with skirt. Had to pullout a cast iron, man it was too heavy, even after I smashed the crap out of it. I am looking at this Americast thing, for weights sake. But I just wonder...
  6. Gdunbar

Ready for Concrete HELP toilet flange

Ok, so plumbers just left me with rough lines. It's my duty to now patch all the concrete, attach flange, etc... So he's left me with a 3 in ABS with a Flange attached (not glued) and it sits about 1.5 inches above grade. He says I can saw off bottom part of flange to make it shorter. But...
  7. Gdunbar

Venting the tub, 90 okay?

I am replacing a shower with a bath/shower. The supply lines will need to be dropped a few feet and I need to install the Tub spout. Currently the vent is right in the way if I were to lower the lines. The vent comes up about 4 feet then takes a 90 degree turn left to the stack. The vent is...
  8. Gdunbar

Un-sweat copper connections

I have a shower valve I would like to reuse, but it is soldered in copper pipes. Can I cut it out, then re heat and will it slide apart so I can reuse? How would I get the old solder out of the valve? thanks jeff
  9. Gdunbar

Relocating Toilet on slab eeekk

After getting a quote for $1200 to move my toilet 10 feet, I am seriously considering just DIY. I have gutted the bathroom. The original toilet location is a 4 inch cast iron. It goes back to the wall (it is about 15 inches away from the wall BTW) with an elbow. There is a clean out on the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks