Search results

1. Houptee

Outdoor faucet adapter

Easier to replace the entire spigot with a frost proof type with vacuum breaker on the top. Supplyhouse dot com has bluefin brand for under $20 bucks for the 8" and 6".
  2. Houptee

IRC code P2706.2

What kind of piping do you have? The boiler condensate is corrosive. If you have any type of cast iron waste pipes it could corrode them. They make inline neutralizer devices if you think you might have iron pipe downstream.
  3. Houptee

Any way to repair the off market brand kitchen faucets

Probably same material as the one that it came with. The cartridge is most likely the 35mm one that seems to be the kitchen faucet size the Chinese faucets all use. The 40mm cartridge seems to be for the Chinese shower valves. I could be wrong so measure the diameter of the cartridge. I have 3...
  4. Houptee

Temu has this stem looks like the one you need $2 free shipping https://share.temu.com/GmN8vnws3YA
  5. Houptee

Check the links I put above to the stem and cartridges that look like they will fit on amazon. Those off brands use off the shelf parts for the valving that is why they are able to sell them at lower prices. If you search you can find them on ebay, amazon, and cheapest cartridges are on Temu and...
  6. Houptee

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BL7BWDM2
  7. Houptee

The stem looks like style A with the cold side blue o-ring in this link on Amazon. https://a.co/d/aHhX1oY
  8. Houptee

Cartridge is probably one of the 4 choices in this link on Amazon. 35mm style A or B or 40mm style A or B. https://a.co/d/eWD8UZH
  9. Houptee

ISO Goldilocks toilet flange…

What is below the toilet in the basement that would prevent you from dropping straight down with the 3" and tie everything together in the ceiling of the basement?
  10. Houptee

ISO Goldilocks toilet flange…

Can you set the flange exactly where you need it then drop straight down into the basement? Under the toilet flange put a 3 x 2 side inlet fitting that picks up the shower and lav?
  11. Houptee

Need 30 and 60 degree 3/4" copper elbows

PEX is most economical solution but if you want to stay with copper you could use those approx 1 foot long copper corrugated flex connectors that you sweat on.
  12. Houptee

Are there any 6000 btu mini splits that only cool?

Can you build new studio similar to what you wanted and take the axles off the old mobile home somehow put underneath to technically make a new building a mobile home in the eyes of the tax man?
  13. Houptee

The way they work is all based on the return air temp it senses on indoor head unit. Mine the indoor fan runs all the time (unless you put it on Eco mode). Then you can hear when the logic sends more refrigerant to modulate the system. Outside is the metering valve they use a EEV electronic...
  14. Houptee

This seller on Ebay has several Cool Only mini splits but none are 6k. I never heard of the brands he sells but they all seem to be coming from 3 factories in China now and they slap different stickers on the sheet metal case. He has a system called Premium 12k cooling only with 11 ft install...
  15. Houptee

Closet flange that fits inside 3" pipe?

Home Depot in NJ stocks Oatey Twist N Set flanges very similar to the one Terry posted pic of. They are up high on the self the clerks probably don't even know they have them.
  16. Houptee

Mini splits don't have a smart stat like a Nest they have a remote control that you set the temp you want. The indoor unit has sensor to measure the return air temp and the evap coil temp and outside unit has ambient temp sensor and condenser coil temp sensor. The logic determines how much flow...
  17. Houptee

9k will be fine because the compressors are inverter variable speed so they can adjust down and use the temp sensors to speed up or slow down the compressor depending on load. They are not as critical to size these systems as old a/c that do not have variable speed inverter compressors. They...
  18. Houptee

Love the house design very cool. I have a 100 yr old 3 family house in NJ and each apt is aprox 1000 sq ft. I have 18k mini splits in each unit on 1st floor and 2nd floor is bigger 1400 sq ft so I put in a 24k up there. The ceiling upstairs is the roof so it has high heat gain even with 2"...
  19. Houptee

For example this Senville system is 9k and total is $699 free shipping includes lineset wire etc. So if it lasts 7 yrs you would not even have it repaired the labor and parts would cost more than slamming another new one in. Once you have them installed the hard work is over so replacing the...
  20. Houptee

What is your heating btu requirement? Did you do a heat loss and a cooling heat gain on the house? The inverter systems have a wider range and not as critical to size as a non inverter system. Most common sizes are 9k, 12k, 18k, 24k, and a few make 36k in single heads. Then you can also get the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks