Search results

1. D

Running an additional sewer line.

1500 gallon. I'm not sure about the drain field size but the soil is very dry and sandy being it's desert so hopefully drainage won't be a problem. The guy who pumped the tank doesn't think it will be a problem. There are several small resorts around here with 100-200 full time trailers on...
  2. D

Running an additional sewer line.

We just bought some vacation property in the desert and want to run an additional sewer line. There is a 2 bedroom home and a 1 bedroom studio on the existing septic system which is in good condition and recently pumped. What our plans are is to have a spot with three RV trailers with full...
  3. D

TP Valve Hook-up

Well I decided to start this as a new thread instead of keeping the water heater thread going. So...I am now convinced that the TP valve is working correctly and I'm ready to hook it up. I need to run a pipe from the right side of the tank over to the stub on the left wall. My main problem as...
  4. D

Water heater questions from a newbie

I found a pressure gauge with a second "lazy hand". I will have to rig up an adaptor because all of the hose bibs have vacuum breakers on them and they have a small stem that sticks out and blocks the hole for the gauge.
  5. D

Ok...it looks like you have made a believer out of me with the expansion tank...even though the city says it it not required. It looks like a 2.1 gallon expansion tank will work for me. I do have a couple of questions though. 1. Can the tank be oriented in both vertical or horizontal...
  6. D

UPDATE: 1. The valve stopped leaking a few hours after it was installed and hasn't dripped since. 2. Vent has been secured at every joint with 3 screws 3. I'm checking into an expansion tank. 4. I'm getting up a 3:00 am tomorrow morning so I'll recheck the water pressure to see...
  7. D

He said there is no code in this city for an expansion tank and he's the top dog at the city. I know not one home around here has one. He said the regulator does have a bypass for thermal expansion as long as the inlet pressure is not above 150 psi which it isn't. The only reason I mentioned...
  8. D

Well the TP valve stopped dripping on it's own. I don't know if air in the lines could have caused it, but once I opened everything up and got all the air out of the system along with opening up the TP valve it seemed stop. It was never dripping bad just seeping a little. I could put my...
  9. D

I'm very familiar with gases that go boom. I work with Hydrogen tanks and piping as well as piping natural gas to heat treat furnaces. So I am well versed in gas safety. I handled this job like I do with hydrogen, no margin for errors. I am completely confident working with natural gas...
  10. D

Yep, ultra low nox. And I should have been more precise...It is a GE, which from what I understand is a Rheem. It was $579.00 for a 50 Gal/12 year. And yes, that glowing matrix was one of the first things I noticed Made through the quake just fine. A few items on the floor, a couple of...
  11. D

It came with a new TP valve already installed. I'm pretty sure there is a pressure regulator outside. The supply line comes up from the ground, has a shut of valve, a device that has a dome sticking out horizontally with a screw and lock nut at the end (which I'm sure is the regulator), then...
  12. D

Hi everyone I've been lurking for awhile and have enjoyed the tips. Well...I installed by water heater today. From reading this forum I decided upon a Rheem. Install went pretty smooth. But before my questions, I do have to share a bit of my stupidity. I hooked up everything, water, gas...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks