TP Valve Hook-up

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by DBS2071, Aug 7, 2008.

1. DBS2071

DBS2071 New Member

Well I decided to start this as a new thread instead of keeping the water heater thread going. So...I am now convinced that the TP valve is working correctly and I'm ready to hook it up. I need to run a pipe from the right side of the tank over to the stub on the left wall. My main problem as you can see by the picture is the little stub out. It is sticks out from the wall by about 2 inches and to the from the side of the door molding by about 3/4"

I didn't want to sweat on a coupling on this stub because if I ever had to cut it off to replace the WH again It would leave next to nothing sticking out of the wall and I wouldn't want to tear into the wall to repair it. So what do you think about putting on a compression coupling on this? That way I wouldn't have to cut the fitting off. Just unscrew it replace the tank and screw the pipe back in. Any thoughts?

Attached Files:

2. MACPLUMB 777

MACPLUMB 777 TROJAN WORLDWIDE SALES RP

T & P Drain

Run Your Copper Over,
    Then Use A 3/4" Sharkbite Fitting As A Union Connection,
    IT IS REMOVABLE LATER IF YOU WANT TO TAKE APART