Search results

1. B

Garage construction for room in attic

I am building a new small garage that will be attached to the walkout level of my place with the roof reaching to the second floor. I would like to be able to make the attic an extra room that can be accessed from the second floor and would like some advice on how to build it. What style of roof...
  2. B

Low flow mandatory?

I live in canada close to the US border and was looking at an online flyer for *******. They had some very cheap toilets for sale but none of the ads stated whether they were 13 litre, 6 litre etc. Do all toilets in the US need to be low flow in order to be sold?
  3. B

Newbie questions

I plan on using 3/4 inch PEX pipe but I don't know what a home run is. If you could explain that and where the stepping down in size would come in I might have a better idea. I will have the kitchen above the area that holds the tank/pump etc. It will have 1 sink and a dishwasher and the washing...
  4. B

Ductwork through crawlspace

I am planning on closing in a room under my cabin and insulating it and putting all my plumbing and heating items in there. I am building on a 2 story addition for bedrooms and am concerned about the bottom level being too cold. I have a wood stove that heats the upper level and would like to...
  5. B

Newbie questions

I am going to dig out the crawlspace big enough to hold all my equipment. I will pour a floor and frame in and insulate the room that will hold the furnace, water tank, softener, pump etc. The rest of the crawlspace will be insulated and some of the ductwork for the furnace will run through the...
  6. B

Newbie questions

I have a cottage that I am going to put a water tank underneath and would like to know if I have the right idea of how things will go together. This is the order of the water hookup as far as I can see, tank>pump>softener>rust>filter>1 line to water heater and 1 cold line. I plan to run the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks