Search results

1. plumb.bob.down

Harvey's PVC Cement

I know both CPVC and PVC are Poly-vinyl Chloride. On the Harvey's PVC Cement can, it doesn't say that it's not permissible for CPVC. Please tell me it will hold? I cleaned every joint in the CPVC water supply before gluing it. Thanks
  2. plumb.bob.down

Floor Sinks and Hub Drains

Bump! I know we got some commercial plumbers in here! :D
  3. plumb.bob.down

Vent solutions for LONG distance drains

Not visualizing what you're talking about rocknice21. A wet vent occurs when you use the vertical vent of a fixture from i.e. "1st floor" as a fixture drain for a fixture on "2nd floor".
  4. plumb.bob.down

Vent solutions for LONG distance drains

You can go up to 5' away from the trap for a vent, that is, if the trap is 2". That's the Kentucky code anyhow. . Our Ky code is pretty strict. No flat venting, 3" minimum vent through roof, no stacking fixture drains into a main, etc. .
  5. plumb.bob.down

Floor Sinks and Hub Drains

Anyone ever do any commercial food service establishments? Or does anyone have any pics from one?
  6. plumb.bob.down

chamfer tool, is it required?

I never used anything like that, although, wood rasps and tube grease come in very handy when setting cleanouts and floor drains.
  7. plumb.bob.down

Bad Jacuzzi tub

Get you some white painter's caulk w/ silicon additive :)
  8. plumb.bob.down

Best Thread Technique / Pipe Dope

I don't think that if the constant water pressure is seeping through the threads, it would quit leaking. . .I think the slow-setting means that if it doesn't leak, it will bond almost like teflon tape does over a period of time. A lot of times, when we do trap-primers underground on floor...
  9. plumb.bob.down

Best Thread Technique / Pipe Dope

I generally use Harvey's TFE Paste on everything. It's slow-setting pipe thread compound for threads on any kind of material.
  10. plumb.bob.down

Shimming Toilet

Just use about 4, 1.5" coarse drywall screws after you get the 2 flange screws threaded down, on the flange.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks