Search results

1. stamp

hand shower causes knocking/vibration in pipes

I just installed the faucet for my clawfoot tub. The faucet works fine to fill the tub, but when I switch it to the hand shower, it acts really weird (knocking noise in pipes, bad vibrations, and sometimes the flow almost stops). The hand shower seems to work fine if it's all cold water, but the...
  2. stamp

Will this fitting leak?

The item in the image seems to be just what I need (the brand is Lasco and the model number is 08-1089, "Bathcock Ell"). It attaches to a 3/4 inch male threaded pipe and, after a 90 degree bend, it has 1/2 inch male threads. However, I've never seen a fitting like the one on the 3/4 inch end of...
  3. stamp

Clawfoot tub drain alignment

I'm installing a clawfoot tub and the place where the drain goes thru the floor is about 1 inch off from where it should be. Is there some kind of adapter I can install on the drain tube coming from the tub so that it will align properly, or does the alignment need to be perfect (or more nearly...
  4. stamp

ABS pipe moves --- is this bad?

I removed a bathtub and there was a metal pipe (thin walled type) running from the tub drain to an ABS pipe. My access was not great, and so I had to use a bit of force to remove the metal pipe from the ABS pipe (after I had removed the plastic compression fitting). Now I notice a small amount...
  5. stamp

new bath drain connection --- help!

I removed a bathtub and now I'm ready to install a new tub and new drain. The drain pipe that I have access to is 1.5" thin metal, like something you might see under a sink. It was threaded but apparently when removing the old tub, I damaged the threads. I've attached a picture (hopefully)...
  6. stamp

flexible tubing instead of compression fitting?

I have a wall mount faucet for a clawfoot tub. It's supposed to use compression fittings to connect to 1/2" copper pipe. However, I'd like to connect flexible tubing instead of the compression fittings, since I'm installing the faucet on a movable stand. The 3/4" flexible tubing that is used on...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks