Search results

1. TSPORT

Toto GMAX flush valve moaning Type A - Clean screen?

Hi all. I have the Type A GMAX flush/fill valve in my Toto Drake. In the past month or so it has started to make a moaning noise in the last few seconds of the fill cycle. No other performance issues noted. Reviewing older posts on the subject, I see that there is a screen in the inlet end...
  2. TSPORT

HVAC furnace blower fan capacitor question(s)

Hello all. A few weeks ago I noticed the blower fan on my furnace was not running but the compressor was running outside and air was cold at furnace. I tested the capacitor for the blower fan and it was way out of spec. so I replaced it and everything was fine. The one I replaced was original...
  3. TSPORT

Water not soft, what to check next?

Hi all. Looking for some guidance on what to do next. I am an avid DIY'er but almost zero water softener knowledge (but eager to learn!). System/background: Culligan Medalist. new in 2005. We bought the house in 2010. Other than clean out the salt tank a few times and replace a seal on the...
  4. TSPORT

Water not soft. How do I know resin still good? Culligan Medalist.

Hi all. I have a Culligan Medalist softener that came with the house when we purchased it about 8 years ago. The system was new in 2005. I noticed lately that the water is no longer soft. Over the years I have only had to add salt and I cleaned out the salt tank a few times. I would prefer not...
  5. TSPORT

Question regarding testing treated water

Hi all. I wanted to verify that my water softener is effectively softening my water. I am not getting that slippery feel when washing hands/showering like I used to. Not sure if I am just getting used to it or if there is a problem. I purchased a kit to test the general hardness (GH) and...
  6. TSPORT

Initial impressions of Eco Drake CST744E

Just installed a new Eco Drake 1.28 flush last week in the kid's bathroom. Quick, competent flush. Bowl wash seems better than a regular 1.6 Drake w/ CEFIONTECT I had at my old house. Just my imagination? The bowl was made in Vietnam, the tank in the USA. I was disappointed to find a large...
  7. TSPORT

Curious about toilet flange installation

I was replacing a toilet last week. Went to remove the old hold-down bolts from the flange. Could not get them out without cutting the tile as it was put in at an orientation so that the non-slotted holes were used. See picture. The flange had slotted holes but was installed in such a way so...
  8. TSPORT

Repair help w/ Culligan water softener

Hi all. Have (2) questions regarding our Culligan Medallist Plus 45 water softener. #1 - Flipped open the lid on the control panel today and noticed water puddling up inside. Appears to be seeping past a pintle or shaft of some sort. I need to fix this. Are parts readily available for these...
  9. TSPORT

Need advice on wiring sump pump outlet for emergency generator / 220v split to(2)120v

Hi all. I have a portable generator to power my sump pump in the event of a power outage. Rather than snaking an extension cord that will reach from my driveway to the sump pump in the basement, I am installing a 120v outlet/receptacle next to the existing sump pump outlet and hard wiring it to...
  10. TSPORT

How can I stop noisy shower pan?

Hi all. I just moved into a new (for me) 13 year old house. The stall shower in the master bedroom is directly over the family room. Whenever the shower is being used, there is a loud scrunching/squawking noise that can be heard quite clearly (annoyingly) in the family room below whenever the...
  11. TSPORT

Reason for weak flush w/ solids only?

Hi all. I also need an opinion regarding a weak flush. I put in an AS Repetoire to match the new pedestal sink when I redid the main bath about 7 years ago. It flushes very well w/ liquid waste but when solids are involved, it seems like the water just swirls around in the bowl for waaaaaay too...
  12. TSPORT

Tub drain plunger jammed! Helpful ideas?

Hi all. Pastor at my church said tub drain clogged. Went over today to try to clear. I tried to remove the trip lever assembly so I could get a snake in there. The trim plate & lever assembly come off just fine and the linkage is all still hooked up but the plunger is stuck fast in the drain...
  13. TSPORT

What's a new oil hot water furnace cost?

:confused: Hi all. I am contemplating purchase of a new (for me) house. Built in 1970. The home has baseboard hot water heat & hot water from an oil fired furnace/boiler (not sure what you call it). It looks to be original and not in the best shape. The service labels on it indicate 3 repair...
  14. TSPORT

Need advice on drain pipe repair

Hi. My bathroom sink drain is clogged. The trap is removed. Tried the snake but it's not getting the job done. I can access the drain through the ceiling in the basement. I know that the vertical portion of the drain is open. 99.9% sure the horizontal pipe in the picture is clogged. I was going...
  15. TSPORT

What's the secret to no leak the first time?

Hi all. I have been doing my own plumbing repairs for decades but to this day I have not figured out a way to install a water supply line (generally 3/8ths chromed copper)with a brass compression sleeve that does not leak. Further tightening of the nut does not seem to help. Years ago I even...
  16. TSPORT

Shock from wall switch. Help!

Hi all. I need some help diagnosing a problem that has recently cropped up in my home. On occasion, I get a very light shock if I happen to touch one of the screws that holds the trim plate to the wall switch. Nothing has been touched with it in several years. There are (2) single pole switches...
  17. TSPORT

"S" trap to drain pipe fitment question

I am in the process of replacing the "S" trap for a lavatory sink ( 1.25" d) but have hit a snag. Where the chrome down-pipe goes into the floor, I thought there would be a nut (compression type) connecting it to the larger drain pipe below the floor. Someone had installed vinyl sheet flooring...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks