Repair help w/ Culligan water softener

Users who are viewing this thread

TSPORT

Reaction score
Hi all. Have (2) questions regarding our Culligan Medallist Plus 45 water softener.
#1 - Flipped open the lid on the control panel today and noticed water puddling up inside. Appears to be seeping past a pintle or shaft of some sort. I need to fix this. Are parts readily available for these and does anyone know if there are just o-rings or something in there I can replace? Seems like the extent of Culligan's do-it-yourself help consists of "call your dealer" for service. I'd rather do it myself. Pictures below w/ pencil pointing to source of water as well as overall control panel.

#2 - We had a power outage today.The manual states "the softener is set to automatically regenerate every time there is a power outage over 4 hours and the Immediate Regeneration option is selected. Ask your Culligan dealer about this feature". This seems wasteful. It must be selected on mine but there are no instructions on how to disable. Anyone have instructions for how to deslect this option?

footnote: Softener is approx. 5.5 years old and was in the house when we bought it last year.

Thanks in advance. I appreciate any and alll input.

- TSPORT

Attachments

• IMG_3247.jpg
    IMG_3247.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 6,491
  • IMG_3249.jpg
    IMG_3249.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 3,123
  • IMG_3248.jpg
    IMG_3248.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 2,908
Last edited:

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
There is a culligan kit out there, some of the dealers will sell one and then there is another place that will sell a kit..

There is a little debate as to this kit working for the unit that you have.

CULLIGAN 01013033 Seal Pack/Brine Cam Kit NEW!!

The number that is for yours ends in an 83 but about the only thing that I can think of is that there where some changes to the o rings in the kit and that might have changed the number.. out side of that I am not seeing any difference between the two.

You might also get some more time out of the unit by breaking it down and using some new silicone on the o rings and cleaning up the rest of the valve, depending on the water that you have, high iron and hardness will shorten just about any valve that is on the market.

Some of us have come up with a kinda parts book for the culligan units..

Cobra1365

Reaction score
I have a older MK 89 that is leaking from the same spot! Noticed it today. Does ayone have a kit number for that? Does it come with instructions...is it fairly intuitive?

Thanks

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
The above number is more for your 89, I am not sure what the difference is between the older and newer kits that end in 83,,,, with out one of the new kits I can not put them side by side to find the difference.
If they do not have one listed maybe in the near future there will be some listed.

Cobra1365

Reaction score
Just an FYI. Just stopped an picked up the rebuild kit ($79.00) The kit includes a redesign thatputs less side load on the white arm. It now incorporates a plate that the arm slides in...should last longer.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks