Search results

1. Lunker

Hardie Primer before installing Kerdi

I read somewhere that spraying the hardie board with a "level-quick primer" before installing kerdi it will make things a lot easier because the hardie will then not suck the moisture out of the thin-set.... can anyone second this solution?
  2. Lunker

Moen Drop Ell Installation.

Any tips on how to install a Moen A725 Drop Ell properly to make sure there are no leaks in the wall while at the same time making sure the ell is flush with the wall and the outlet pointing down? I have 1/2" 90 degree drop ear elbow in the wall screwed onto a 2x8 that is not going...
  3. Lunker

Another Kerdi Shower Question or two...

I have installed 1/2" Hardie on the shower walls, and I have also installed a Noble Preformed Niche. I asked my tile place about installing the kerdi on the walls and over the edge of the Niche. I was told unmodified thinset would be sufficient for the walls as well as to attache he kerdi to...
  4. Lunker

Kerdi Shower Question

Just gutted the old shower, and made a few observations that I wanted to share, and at the same time ask about Kerdi. The old shower had no leaks at all, and after removing mud pan and lead liner as well as 4" tile on wall, and what looked like 4" square (~1" thick) concrete backer tiles that...
  5. Lunker

Gas Furnace is buzzing

I have a gas furnace that has started buzzing when running. The unit is a Amana Air Command 80 SSE that is about 9 yrs old. Looking at the front, where the cover is.. it seems to be coming from the upper left hand side. It seems to working fine, but it does have me worried. Any...
  6. Lunker

Bosch - Tankless Waterheater ???????

So I lost hot water and went to check on the 4 yr old Bosch Tankless water heater what could be the problem. I come to find out that that the heater is running full speed ahead, so I go back upstairs and try the hot water again...nothing! So I go check another faucet figuring it was something...
  7. Lunker

Lead Drain Pipe - Please Help

I just ripped out the old toilet and it turns out the old flange wasn't even attached to the floor. It had a wax ring under and above it... it didn't leak so I guess it worked, oh well. The drain pipe is made out of lead, and top is level with the floor. The floor is made of concrete...
  8. Lunker

Lead Pipe - Now what?

Ripped out the old toilet and turns out the old flange wasn't even attached to the floor. It had a wax ring under and above it... it didn't leak so I guess it worked, oh well. :rolleyes: The drain pipe is made out of lead, and top is level with the floor. The floor is concrete. Went to...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks