Search results

1. moeronn

Kitchen Faucet - Holes too Close to Backsplash

After a little more investigation, it seems that the Pilar will not work out. Not only is there the problem with the base plate, but the holes in the counter aren't big enough for installation. We're going to look at the Kohler Simplice with 9" reach (K-647). It isn't a lot longer reach...
  2. moeronn

Thanks for all the replies. Yes, the pictures were added after the original post and I didn't mention that it was a double sink - both sides full depth. It would have been much easier if one side was smaller. We'd only need to widen the holes about 1/4", actually elongating the hole, if...
  3. moeronn

My wife and I bought a house about a year ago and want to replace the kitchen faucet. This is more of for ease of use than for looks, since the reach of the spout is so short (~8-1/2") it makes it difficult for me and my vertically challenged wife to do dishes without leaning over. The main...
  4. moeronn

Opening Up and Electrical Panel

The inspector did seem pretty competent and the more I read the report the less concerned I am about the panel wiring. Most of the items called out are somewhat expected, even though they aren't the way they should be (open junction boxes, reversed polarity, open grounds). The real kicker...
  5. moeronn

Opening Up and Electrical Panel

Opening Up an Electrical Panel After reviewing some of the threads here and talking to an electrician about a house I am under contract to purchase, it seems like I should take a look at the wiring of the main electrical panel (especially after reading the thread about moving the panel from the...
  6. moeronn

Missing Drywall under sink and other issues

Thank you all for the information and suggestions. Individually, none of the items called out in the inspection was very significant, but collectively they do raise some concens. 1. I think the missing drywall was the result of replumbing with copper and getting lazy to finish it off since...
  7. moeronn

Kitchen Faucet Located Close to Wall/Backsplash

Thanks for the reply. The faucet does have quarter turn handles, but I'm not sure if the washers are ceramic or rubber and probably wouldn't find out until something starts leaking. The main downside is that options for replacement will be fairly limited because of the tight fit.
  8. moeronn

Missing Drywall under sink and other issues

I'm potentially buying a house that is generally in good condition, but has some issues that I think are relatively minor. The house did have a home inspection and these are some of the things he called out as needing more attention. I just wanted to get some opinions as to how serious some of...
  9. moeronn

Kitchen Faucet Located Close to Wall/Backsplash

I wasn't sure if this should go here or in the remodel forum, but since it is an existing condition I'll start here. I'm looking at a house where the kitchen faucet is installed very close to the backsplash/wall. It is so close that the handles and the base are nearly flush against the wall...
  10. moeronn

Question on Bathtub Valve Stem Leak

Problem solved. It turns out the packing nut wasn't tight enough. Fortunately, the association plumbers were still here and they fixed it - I didn't have the tool for it, only for the stem installation.
  11. moeronn

I don't have the faucet model number, as it was an existing fixture. But the stem and bonnet are the equivilent of the 910-374 from Price Pfister (it's actually a Danco part). The leak is coming from between the stem and bonnet
  12. moeronn

I haven't called yet, as I usually find forums tend to be a better source of information than the manufacturers ;) I had a situation similar to yours with Delta and they sent a replacement faucet because they didn't make a $10 part in the right finish anymore. So I will try that route if...
  13. moeronn

The hot water faucet valve stem (PricePfister) in the bathtub was leaking. Note, this was the stem leaking, not leaking through the tub spout. They turned off the water in my condo complex today, so it was a good time to change out the valve. Well, I replaced it and now the new valve leaks...
  14. moeronn

Question on Ceiling Boxes

Hey, wait a second... how'd you know I was an engineer? I think cutting the screws will be the easiest thing to do. That, or I'll see if I can buy a couple dozen in a shorter length than the fixtures came with. Thanks for the suggestions and the welcome. Considering I've been switching...
  15. moeronn

So this leaves me with two options - 1. Replace the boxes - 6 ceiling, 2 vanity - and maybe 2 ceiling fans. 2. Keep the existing boxes and while the wiring is still in the box, the mounting screws may be poking into the drywall and the fixture may not be centered on the box. I'm not really...
  16. moeronn

Has the standard ceiling box (for light fixtures) changed since 1970? I've installed new light fixtures in my condo - which was built in 1969. Installing the mounting brackets was no problem, as the screw holes lined up fine with the box. However, the mounting screws that attach the...
  17. moeronn

Costco Water Ridge Dual Flush Toilet Review & pictures

I bought two of a different model Water Ridge toilet from Costco - that was $100 for everything included in the box. After installing the first one, the second one is going back to Costco. Of course, I didn't expect the greatest toilet in the world for $100 and part of the frustration I had...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks