Search results

1. InspectorGadget

Crimped copper connections?

I was just at a local parade of homes and one of the $1,000,000+ houses had lots of interesting plumbing to look at. One thing that I had not seen before was a 2" supply from the city for a single residence. The other thing was crimped copper fittings. I think that these fittings were about...
  2. InspectorGadget

Mixing materials in DWV

I know that it's not good practice to use dissimilar materials when soldering, cementing, or chemical welding. What about compression fittings? I have ABS in the wall for drainage. Can I use PVC from the bottom of the sink, as a p-trap, and then connect the PVC directly to the ABS with a...
  3. InspectorGadget

Galvanized supply pipe removal

I re-plumbed most of my basement about a year ago with CPVC and it has held up well. Up until now, I have been able to go around the existing galvanized supply lines without touching them but I finally have to cut into them due to a bathroom remodel. I've read many times that the way to get...
  4. InspectorGadget

Motivation

Dear Terry and other pro's who post, Thank you so much for all of the advice in these forums. I have learned a ton from reading about all of the issues that other DIYers have. It's good to know that I am not alone in these battles and I find myself becoming a plumbing geek. I try to guess...
  5. InspectorGadget

Push 'n Go Fittings?

Just curious if anyone has used a new product called Push 'n Go? They are available for sale here in Wisconsin at Menards which is a regional home improvement store. The manufacturer says that these fittings can be used to join dis-similar plumbing materials together (Copper, PEX, CPVC). The...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks