Search results

1. J

Kitchen Sink drain vent stack

thanks hj... sorry I think I fixed the pic link now. I basically want to run a vent line horizontally at 36" until I hit the old vent stack. The stack will only go up from there to the roof. What do you think? Here's that pic again... plan: vent line to stack:
  2. J

here's a pic of my question...
  3. J

If the roof vent I am connecting to will only be used by this kitchen sink, can I tie into it lower than 42" (about 36")?
  4. J

help removing cast iron closet flange

I have a crawlspace and the toilet drain line is dead but ties into the main drain line that is still being used. I may want to tie into the toilet line though, so I didn't want to remove the whole thing.
  5. J

help removing cast iron closet flange

I'm removing a half bath permanently and laying wood floor over it. I need to remove the cast iron toilet closet flange and plug the pipe. I was planning to use a cherne plug, but I need to remove the flange first and cut down the pipe below the sub floor. How do I remove this flange...
  6. J

Thanks srdenny, I'll sketch up a quick drawing of what you've described to confirm. I am planning on using 2" drain and vent lines. I'm planning on providing a 3-1/2" chase behind the cabinets and dishwasher to allow for the vent line. I hope I can fit that 1/4 bend behind the dishwasher and...
  7. J

Ok. So any time the vent makes a turn I would need to use 45 degree bends and eventually get up to 42" to tie into the existing vent? I will be using pvc, but the existing vent is cast iron. The existing vent was used for a half bath that was there, but is not being used by anything currently.
  8. J

Horizontal vent Thanks for the responses... So is this correct: from the vertical sanitary tee the drain would go down and tie into a drain; the vent would go up turn 90 degrees to the right (so it is going horizontally around the back of the dishwasher) into the wall, turn 90 degrees, and...
  9. J

I am installing a new kitchen and putting a sink in a counter that does not have a wall behind it. There is a waste vent stack in an adjacent wall, and my question is, what would be the best way/code compliant way to tie into it? See drawing for clarification. My house is one story with a...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks