Search results

1. N

Flange not level

I am in the midst of a remodel, hoping to repair damaged floor and install new toilet on existing flange. Plastic flange appears to be in good condition other than the fact that seems to lean slightly toward the wall. (Perhaps the cause of damaged floor!) I am able to access underneath. How...
  2. N

gurgling pipes

It is an old home, and I am concerned that venting is the issue.
  3. N

gurgling pipes

Thank you for everyones generous feedback. All comments are appreciated. :) Newby
  4. N

gurgling pipes

I'm capable of knowing my limitations. I just want to figure out what the problem is before I call someone in. I'd like to make sure it gets resolved correctly. I prefer knowing what I'm getting into so I don't end up buying some line some workman feeds me while cleaning my pipes ;) No one...
  5. N

gurgling pipes

Is it posible the vent might be clogged at the roof?
  6. N

gurgling pipes

Thanks for the defense, Redwood. I had a feeling my gender may play a role in the responses I received. You got to let a person surprise you every once in a while. I've learned quite a few things in the time that I have owned my home, just by asking questions, doing my research and making...
  7. N

gurgling pipes

Thanks, I'll see what I can do. Meghan
  8. N

gurgling pipes

My sink gurgles and my toilet burbs up air everytime I drain water from the shower or washing machine, and it seems to be getting worse. Is there anything i can do short of calling in a professional??
  9. N

Wax ring

After removing a toilet to put in a new floor, I found that the flange was sitting directly on the subfloor, slightly below finished floor. The wax ring was barely compressed, but there did not seem to be a problem with leaking. New flooring should be similar in thickness to old floor. What's...
  10. N

damaged subfloor

Thanks for the info.
  11. N

damaged subfloor

First, the hole for the flange was cut too big and the flange is not all that secure to the floor. Now the toilet seems to be sinking/leaning. I'm ready to repair it, but would like to tear up as little as possible. What is the minimum amount of floor I can cut out and replace and still be...
  12. N

Jacuzzi Era feedback??

I have read enough to know that there is quite a bit of disdain for big box stores and their toilets. However, for a variety of reasons, this is where I'm looking to purchase. I've already ruled out the AS champion, and Kohler. I'm looking seriously at the Jacuzzi Era (made by Eljer??) I...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks