Search results

1. Dave in WI

Kenmore Brine Tank Delaminating

Just came across this old thread, what I thought was a leak a the union was in fact condensation. It hasn't leaked a drop in about a year and a half. Thanks again everyone for the help.
  2. Dave in WI

Problem with AO smith Promax water heater.

I have an ao smith pro max gcv 50 100, and I'm having similar issues. I googled it and may have found an answer. There is a ceramic screen called a flame arrestor under the burner. The air supply comed in through that. It has very smallmjoles and is suceptble to clogging with dust. I just...
  3. Dave in WI

Moving Glued PVC P trap

Thanks for all the advice folks, I installed the new faucet, sink & disposer yesterday. Great call on the disposer, the old one was gross inside, and the new one is so much quieter. Here is the "before" shot, the 15 year old Americast sink stained and chipped, with a leaking American...
  4. Dave in WI

American Standard Champion 4 toilet review and pictures

That would be just perfect if you have a sloping floor! Provided the floor slopes the right way...Maybe they make these in "rights" and "lefts"? All kidding aside, that's unbelievably bad. I've had great luck with my Champion 4 but after seeing that, I don't know that I'd buy another one.
  5. Dave in WI

Moving Glued PVC P trap

It is about 15 years old, it still seems to work well but it is noisy as all get out. I might as well put in a new one "while I'm in there".
  6. Dave in WI

Moving Glued PVC P trap

Thanks for the input hj, I will do that. Any words of wisdom on using the ram bit to bore out the wye?
  7. Dave in WI

Moving Glued PVC P trap

I will soon be putting in a new kitchen sink & faucet. By my quick measurements, the garbage disposal will need to move about 2 1/2 inches to the right and 2 inches outward. My issue is, the P trap for the disposer is glued PVC which leads directly to a double wye with no straight pipe to...
  8. Dave in WI

My Experience; American Standard Champion 4 vs. Toto Drake

It's good to see someone else who likes their American Standard Champion 4 toilet. Reading this forum, I though I was the only person in the world who felt this way. I've had one that I isntalled about 3 years ago, it's still going strong and clog free. There was one time my son told me it...
  9. Dave in WI

Great advice everyone, thank you. Come to think of it, I did drop one of the fittings on the cement floor, it could have damaged the sealing surface, I did not look that closely. Fixing it will have to wait for another day, the family is on their way back and it's getting late in the day...
  10. Dave in WI

Well, I FINALLY got the new softener installed yesterday, after an aborted attempt last weekend. We now have soft water again, soap and shampoo make suds again. Nice. I did run into one slight problem though. Oddly enough my sweat joints were fine, not pretty but they don't leak. The...
  11. Dave in WI

Thanks for the input guys. I do appreciate it. SInce the softener has been in bypass for a couple of days, I'm realizing just how hard our water is. Even when I thought the Kenmore wasn't working correctly, it was doing something. I'm picking up the Addie either tonight or tomorrow...
  12. Dave in WI

I've decided not to get another Sears unit, I've had my share of trouble with this one. I'm thinking of an Addie unit, it's a local company. I'm wondering if anyone can tell me what valve unit they use from looking at it? Their information does not say but I'm guessing they use a Fleck...
  13. Dave in WI

Thank you both for the quick replies. I just put it in bypass. I will check with Sears to see if they will do anything, I am the original owner but it's been over 10 years since it was purchased, worth a try. I'm glad I didn't put any new parts in yet.
  14. Dave in WI

I've been suffering with a Kenmore softener for 10 or so years. It has only worked for about half the thime I've had it. Currently I've let the salt run out so I can clean the Morton pellet residue from the bottom of the salt tank, it has been plugging up the brine valve. I just noticed that...
  15. Dave in WI

American Standard Champion 4 toilet review and pictures

I installed a Champion 4 (purchased from Home Depot) in October of 2007. I absolutely love it. It just will not clog. I may be jinxing myself, but we have had no problems with the flush valve. It is a big heavy piece of porcelain, but as a homeowner how many times do you install a toilet...
  16. Dave in WI

Replace bolts from tank to base?

I'm sure a pro will chime in here, but here's the do-it-yourselfers take... You put the rubber washer on the bolt and push it all the way up to the head. Make sure to use new rubber washers, the old ones can get hard and may not seal. Then you insert the bolt through the bottom of the tank...
  17. Dave in WI

Wax Ring Sealing Problem

Young son. I think that is the problem. I was worried because after 10 years of clogging & plunging, the old wax ring leaked. It seems to be fine now.
  18. Dave in WI

American Standard Champion toilet Review and comments. Rated #1 by Consumer Reports

Happy with Champion 4 I'm toying with the idea of starting another thread for the Champion 4 toilet - I don't think the latest version of this toilet is deserving of the "bad press" it's getting here. I installed a Champion 4 toilet in October of '07, purchased from Home Depot. I had just...
  19. Dave in WI

Wax Ring Sealing Problem

The flange isn't cracked, an it's not rusted (it's plastic). The water shows up as seepage from underneath the toilet base. Luckily it comes out on top of the finish floor, which is sheet vinyl, instead of going down to the subfloor below. The vinyl was installed before the toilet and runs...
  20. Dave in WI

Wax Ring Sealing Problem

Forgive me if this has been discussed in the past. I did a couple of searches of the forum and did not come up with anything on my problem. I have a problem with the wax ring not sealing in one of our bathrooms. The house is about 9 years old, and a few months ago we realized the wax ring...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks