Search results

1. BullheadPond

Water Softener

IS there small water softener that won;t break the bank ? We only have 2 people in the house. Not sure what size i would need to get. Have hard water and iron taste in water. I currently run 2 Omni t01 filters inline and the taste and smell will be fine for about 3 weeks then i need to...
  2. BullheadPond

1 1/4 to 1 inch

Just had a thought. I have 1 1/4 " steel shallow well pipe with a sand point attached to my pump. If i needed to could i drop a 1 inch pvc pipe with a foot valve into the 1 1/4 steel pipe, hook that up to my pump and pull water that way?
  3. BullheadPond

Pump acting weird?

So, I hooked up a shallow well pump. Let it run with a garden hose. ran fine for like and hour with no probems. The pump shut off when the water valve was shut off like it should. left it off for 1 bout 1 week. When I finally needed it , i opened the spikot valve water came out for about...
  4. BullheadPond

Air in tank

So I bought a drummond shallow well pump and 5 gal tank. The directions say the tanks bladder has been pressurized to 23 psi. Can I safely add air to make it 28 psi or is 23 psi the limit. Like most directions now a days they are really vague and don't tell you much. Thank you.
  5. BullheadPond

Water pressure dropping

What causes this slight drop in pressure? Sand point 17ft down. 9ft of water in well pipe Barracuda 3/4 hp shallow well convertible pump. Check valve horizontal 15 inches before the pump. Hose is hooked up to direct to pump ,about 5 inches of 1 inch pipe with t and plug on top coming out of...
  6. BullheadPond

Video?

Is there a way to post a 6 second video of my water pressure dropping out of my hose so i can show the problem i am having?
  7. BullheadPond

Pump clicking on & off like every 3 seconds?

HI me again. Ok, so I hooked everything up. primed the pump 4 times and water started flowing. When i shut off the spicket for the water , the pump shut off a few seconds later. About 45 second to a minute later with the water off the pump started continuously clicking on and off. It was...
  8. BullheadPond

Check valve direct?

Can check valves be installed horizontal or do they have to be verticle? Thank You
  9. BullheadPond

Keeping pipe from freezing?

Hello, I live in Northeast Wisconsin. I have a sand point driven 17f tdown. It is in a small pump house building that is not heated. I will be building a big insulated box around the pump and using light bulbs or a heat lamp to keep the pump from freezing My question is. How do you keep the pipe...
  10. BullheadPond

Venturi questions Shallow well. Can anyone Help me with this please! Thank You

Hi, I have a sand point down about 17ft. I bought a Barracuda convertiibale jet pump from Menards . https://www.menards.com/main/plumbing/pumps-tanks/well-pumps-well-tanks/barracuda-reg-3-4-hp-convertible-jet-pump/ba94715/p-1841405562225781.htm Superior may make them for Menards. My...
  11. BullheadPond

Shallow well , Sand point , keep from Freezing?

Hello, I live in Northeast Wisconsin. I have a sand point driven 16ftdown. It is in a small pump house building that is not heated. I will be building a big insulated box around the pump and using light bulbs or a heat lamp to keep the pump from freezing My question is. How do you keep...
  12. BullheadPond

Kitchen sink backing up

Having problems with my kitchen sink backing up. Have snaked the whole drain Down to the 6 inch pipe. used draino gel and other drain cleaners. still backs up. See drawing attached. Probably only 10 feet before the smaller Drain pipe goes into the 6" pipe under the house. Replace the Sure vent...
  13. BullheadPond

No water?

I had a well done in March 2007 , 202ft down pump is at 100ft. . Its the type that has the tank in the well . I only use it like 7 (3-4 day )weekends a year. last week after everything was running fine for 3 days. the water just stopped running fir about 3 -4 minutes. i checked the breakers...
  14. BullheadPond

Rotten egg smell

I had a well done in March, 202ft down pump is at 100ft. The water is pretty clear but it seems like when the water sits for a few hours and then you turn it on it smells like rotten eggs. if you let the faucet run for about 3-4 minutes the smell goes away. but then if you go back and turn...
  15. BullheadPond

Yellow water iron taste.

HI, I had a shallow well pump with a sand piont about 20feet down . The water was terrible very yellow and tates like iron. Culligan said it was from decaying leaves and water seeping into the ground. I decided to bite the bullet and have a well proffesionally drilled bu t i am still having...
  16. BullheadPond

Well info

Well i gave up on driving a point. Got an estimate on having a well drilled. They are offering me one where i could have the pressure tank under ground in the well itself. Anyone know how well these work? Is it a good idea to have them in the well or would having one in the house be better...
  17. BullheadPond

Qfr Speedbump , Point Driver

Speedbump, Thank You For Your Help. Do You Sell Something Called A Point Driver? From What I Gather It Is Kind Like A Post Driver For Fence Post But It Is Heavier And Has A Larger Od For The Drive Cap. Thanks
  18. BullheadPond

How much water in a pipe?

IF you are driving a sand point for a shallow well pump , how many feet of water should you have in the pipe when you drop a string in it to see if it has water in the pipe? Thanks
  19. BullheadPond

Can't get water?

ANYONE HAVE ANY SUGGETIONS ON THIS PLEASE? i just drove a sand point 10ft + the point which makes it 13 feet in the ground. I dropped a string the pipe and there seems to be 4 feet of water in it. I can pump it with a hand pump , but i tried 2 Different shallow well pumps and can not...
  20. BullheadPond

shallow well pump problem

i just drove a sand pint 10ft + the pint which makes it 13 feet in the ground. i dropped a string the pipe and there seems to be 4feet of water in it. i can pump it with a hand pump , but i tried 2 shallow well pumps and can not get it to pump.? any ideas? i have been been priming the pump...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks