No water?

Users who are viewing this thread

BullheadPond

Reaction score
I had a well done in March 2007 , 202ft down pump is at 100ft. . Its the type that has the tank in the well .

I only use it like 7 (3-4 day )weekends a year. last week after everything was running fine for 3 days. the water just stopped running fir about 3 -4 minutes. i checked the breakers and none of them were tripped.
i flipped them on and off anyway and still nothing, then like a minute later the water started running and was fine for the next 2 days we were there. This did this once before about 2 years ago.
Does this happen from time to time with wells? I have always lived in the city and have never had a well before?
Thanks

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
It sounds like when you are watering the pump is cycling on and off until it tripped the overload. Those overload in the motor will reset themselves and start the pump in a few minutes when the motor cools. Should not be happening, but you have to keep the pump from cycling on and off.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks