no water?

Discussion in 'Pumps and Tanks Well Forum & Blog' started by bullheadpond, Jul 10, 2013.

1. bullheadpond

bullheadpond New Member

I had a well done in March 2007 , 202ft down pump is at 100ft. . Its the type that has the tank in the well .

I only use it like 7 (3-4 day )weekends a year. last week after everything was running fine for 3 days. the water just stopped running fir about 3 -4 minutes. i checked the breakers and none of them were tripped.
    i flipped them on and off anyway and still nothing, then like a minute later the water started running and was fine for the next 2 days we were there. This did this once before about 2 years ago.
    Does this happen from time to time with wells? I have always lived in the city and have never had a well before?
    Thanks
  2. valveman

valveman Moderator Staff Member

It sounds like when you are watering the pump is cycling on and off until it tripped the overload. Those overload in the motor will reset themselves and start the pump in a few minutes when the motor cools. Should not be happening, but you have to keep the pump from cycling on and off.