Search results

1. L

Losing Hot Water Pressure (only)

it happened again last night. does anyone has any ideas/thoughts?
  2. L

Losing Hot Water Pressure (only)

weird thing happening lately. I've been losing just hot water pressure to the point that there is no hot water running but cold water will run. There will also be a low groaning coming from the pipes when the tap is open. The way I've been temporarily solving the situation is by shutting off...
  3. L

Adding Laundry Room Drain to Kitchen Drain

The 1-1/4" runs below the basement floor. The 2" connects to the 4" stack about a foot above the basement floor. I actually suspect that the 1-1/4" drain connects to the storm drain. I know that one of the floor drains already connects to the storm drain. In this part of the city (Toronto...
  4. L

Adding Laundry Room Drain to Kitchen Drain

I want to move my laundry room from the basement to the mud room that is next to the kitchen on the main floor. - The mud room currently has a drain that measures 1-3/8" OD and is metal (maybe brass, but it's painted) - so probably 1-1/4" drain. This drain does not connect to the 2" kitchen...
  5. L

CI Plumbing Stack to Sewer

Showered twice :D I cut the clay beyond the tapered section... cut a straight section with a soil pipe cutter and used a clay-to-plastic coupling. I actually just broke the tapered clay section apart with a hammer.
  6. L

i cracked the cast iron when i was trying to remove the scale so i went for the clay. It cracked on he first try and the coupling for clay to plastic was stock at Home Depot. It took me a long time to dig the pipe out though. Finally finished and not i'm gonna go shower... hope it doesn't...
  7. L

which is best to make the sewer connection - clay pipe or cast iron (after removing deposits), considering both their age? also, how long do you have to wait for abs solvent to dry before tossing water down?
  8. L

not sure if i have a choice from staying away from the clay... someone suggested to me that the cone shaped piece is vetrified clay and the stuff between that and the CI stack is also cast iron with mineral deposits around it. Not sure if that's any better... The crack in the stack is close...
  9. L

New here and looking for some advice. My house is probably close to 100 yrs old and i need to replace the 4" cast iron stack... probably doing it myself. Dug up some of the basement floor and found where the clay? & cast iron pipe meet. Here is the connection... there are a couple more pics...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks