Search results

1. JuanSigned

Access required for sewage ejector and clean out

I'm going to finish my basement and I'm not sure how to handle the sewage ejector and drain clean out. The blue tape lines show where I think the bedroom closet walls will be placed. My plan is to enclose the pump and clean out in their own space with an access door. Is there any guidance on...
  2. JuanSigned

Please look at my hot water plumbing remodel

I have a hot water recirculation system in my house and I'm not happy with how it was installed. When it runs it causes the water heater to cycle on and off as the cool water returns to the tank even though no one is using hot water. When I turn off the pump it takes a long time for the...
  3. JuanSigned

Redoing the sewage pump

My basement tests high for radon so I'm in the process of sealing holes before I install a radon vent fan. The single biggest hole is the sewage sump. My plan is to redo the plumbing to make future maintenance easier and to seal it with something like this: Here is the current layout: I...
  4. JuanSigned

How to extend hose connection

I've just moved into a new house and discovered that the outside hose connection is in the worst spot possible. I'd like to extend it 30 feet to a better location. I'm not sure of the best way to accomplish that task and looking for some insight here. The easiest and possibly worst solution is...
  5. JuanSigned

Why would the plumber install PEX like this?

I'm having a new house built and asked for a loop to be installed for a water softener. Is something wonky here? Why would they splice little bits of pex together? Makes no sense to me. The extra fittings would cost far more than 6" of pex. Is there a reason to do this?
  6. JuanSigned

How to run new shower drain

I'm putting in a new shower and there is a challenge with where it needs to go. As you can see from the picture the drain comes down right above the foundation wall. The horizontal laser level line is set to the bottom of the sanitary T and the vertical line is set where the drain needs to be...
  7. JuanSigned

S Trap at Big Box Store

So I'm hanging out in my favorite section of the local big box store and look what I found. Even I know S traps are not code. But just in case you ever need to install one, here they are. lol
  8. JuanSigned

Quick toilet drain slope question

I just put in a new toilet drain line that measures 78" horizontal. Using my trusty fractions calculator I figured that a 1/4" per foot drop should be 1 5/8". However my final slope ended up being 1 3/8", so basically its off by 1/4" over the entire 78" length. The interwebs are confusing...
  9. JuanSigned

Kitchen sink/dishwasher/garbage disposal drain size question

I'm putting in a new kitchen sink drain and there is a space challenge that could be solved by using 1 1/2" ABS for the first part of the drain. The 2" line is already in place. My community recognizes the IPC 2012 code requirements. I don't see anything in the code that says this is...
  10. JuanSigned

Sanitary Tee vs Wye

I've googled my subject line and found endless posts on not using sanitary tee's on their backs and not using wye's on trap arms, but nothing about my question. As you can see from the picture I'm adding a new kitchen sink and tying into the existing stack. There is a short horizontal run just...
  11. JuanSigned

1 toilet - 2 vents?

My local community is under IPC 2012 and if I understand that correctly a vent isn't required for a toilet. As you can see from the photo the toilet will tie into a 3" stack with no other fixtures on the line. Near the location of the new toilet there is a vent that I could tie into. From a...
  12. JuanSigned

Please critique my Island Sink plan

I'm doing a complete remodel of my kitchen. Part of that has a new island for the kitchen sink and dishwasher. I've googled loop vents and Air Admittance Valves (AAV) till I think I understand how they work. I like the idea of a loop vent because there's nothing to go wrong and it's silent in...
  13. JuanSigned

WWTD (What Would Terry Do?) Drain pipe Question

I'm putting in a new 2" drain for a washing machine and I'm not sure the best way to make the final connection. Is one of my options better than the others, or is there a better way entirely? (Option 1 requires about 1/2" notch right at the bottom of the joist. )
  14. JuanSigned

90-Degree ABS Lo Heel Inlet Elbow Fitting question

I found this fitting and I'd like to use it in this configuration. Any problems with this?
  15. JuanSigned

Please check my washing machine rough in

Here is my rough in idea for my new washer location. My question is about the vent. The line in the picture is a 2" vent from the bathroom below. The new washer will drain into different waste stack than the one served by the vent in the drawing. This is a single family home so eventually...
  16. JuanSigned

What toilet never plugs? Replacing old 5.0 gpf

About 3 years ago I replaced an old 5 gpf American Standard with a Toto Drake based 100% on the comments here. What I did not understand at the time was the hatred people expressed about their old toilets. My old toilet flushed well with only the occasional plug. Now, however, I understand...
  17. JuanSigned

I messed up - how to fix it?

I'm doing a complete gut and remodel of my master bath, and trying to do as much work as I can. But sometimes it's just better to hire a pro. Which is what I did in this case. I had him install the drain and vent for a new tub. He put the drain exactly where I asked him to put it, but I...
  18. JuanSigned

Shower Steam Generator Pipe in Contact with "Pink" Insulation

I'm installing a steam shower in my master bathroom gut and remodel project. As part of the project I'm insulating the walls with standard pink fiberglass insulation. Does the pink stuff need to be protected from the steam pipe or can it, the steam pipe, be in contact with the pink insulation?
  19. JuanSigned

Steam shower - steam generator recommendations

I'm doing a complete gut and remodel of my master bathroom. The shower will include a steam shower. I've googled and googled and haven't found much in the way of discussion. Some of brands offer quick steam, others offer 2 heating elements and they all have optional "fancy" control units...
  20. JuanSigned

search function broken

Am I the only one having problems with the search function? Any search returns a blank screen, just pure white, not a word of text or pictures. I'd do a search, but its broken, for me at least. :confused: Sorry to post this here, but I don't see a forum for website issues.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks