Search results

1. Ian Gills

Funeral processions in America...

Yes it was but he left the handbrake on. The worst thing I got on my wedding was glitter all over our home when we returned to it.
  2. Ian Gills

Why would I need a cup?
  3. Ian Gills

I'm not upset about it. It's just an observation. And a strange one in a country where most drivers won't let you into their lane even if you're indicating. That's why I drive an old car. They move out the way if you drive an old car and just start turning in. Especially the people...
  4. Ian Gills

...are way too long. You have to sit there at the lights while every man and his dog passes with their flashers going. Not so in England. Yes, you should give way to the hearse and one, or perhaps two, immediate family vehicles but you have gone way over the top here. In England, funeral...
  5. Ian Gills

I say - Way to go Judge !!!

Violence breeds violence. Americans should be the first to see that.
  6. Ian Gills

Heart scan

I do have a heart and it is beating. But that's all I know. They haven't called with the results yet. True to form, I identified another problem in America. Lab technicians afraid to speak! They just say "wait 'til the doctor calls you", yet they must have a hunch. It must be another...
  7. Ian Gills

Bradford white leak

All that effort? Buy a new one!
  8. Ian Gills

Quiet here

Another laugh at my expense?
  9. Ian Gills

Heart scan

I am going for a heart scan tomorrow at an American hospital. Just routine, apparently, but fingers crossed nevertheless. I will be going armed with two of my usual. The first is when they ask for insurance. I always say public option. The second is when they ask why I am there. The...
  10. Ian Gills

Moonshine - does it taste nice?

Used car radiator...
  11. Ian Gills

Time to take out the car radiator then...
  12. Ian Gills

Though I have never seen it nor tried it, I imagine Moonshine must be cheap. But does it taste nice? I buy liqour for the taste and not the price. But if it tastes good and is cheap then that would be a win-win. And why is it illegal?
  13. Ian Gills

Another America bad...

Look, there were 10 years of negotiations to try and find a peaceful solution to this, so what they are doing is probably the right thing. The travellers built without planning permission. And the case was heard by your equivalent of the Supreme Court, I think on more than one occassion. Just...
  14. Ian Gills

I Do Not Understand Europe's Attitude Towards Its Bonds

I think America should write that check.
  15. Ian Gills

Another America bad...

Later in the 19th century, Romani immigration was forbidden on a racial basis in areas outside Europe, mostly in the English speaking world (in 1885 the United States outlawed the entry of the Roma) and also in some South American countries (in 1880 Argentina adopted a similar policy).
  16. Ian Gills

Another America bad...

One of the things where America really does do a poor job compared to Europe is on homelessness and mental illness. The situation really is appauling in America. The system is set up so that people can and do get left behind. So I'm forced to see homeless people on the streets and...
  17. Ian Gills

I Do Not Understand Europe's Attitude Towards Its Bonds

It's no different to foreclosed homeowners in America or the US States/cities that are slowly going bankrupt. America started this mess so it needs to fix it. And charity starts at home. So the first thing we need is centralized Washington control. Close down State Governments. We can't...
  18. Ian Gills

Want to be President or flip burgers for a living?

I don't just make stuff up you know. I raise issues of national, and sometimes global, importance. I see 'em. I call 'em out. On the whole, things are pretty good in America at the moment. Occupy Wall Street are out in force making their voices heard. The GOP is busy digging its...
  19. Ian Gills

It's a girl! British royal succession rules to change

It was all the same. The times have changed but I did what you did back then. Sunday school (that did not last long). Running around in the woods with toy guns, climbing trees. Riding bikes. Fishing (with a permit). Making go-carts. Eating candy. Shooting air pistols...
  20. Ian Gills

It's a girl! British royal succession rules to change

All I am saying is that there are some people in this country who do not embrace halloween on religious grounds. You would not find groups like this in Europe where Christianity is less extreme. I appreciate the historical reasons for this difference: 1) It was the stricter of the faith...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks