Search results

1. J

Securing a vent stack

I've run into a couple of situations now where I need to cut into a vertical stack to either replace a damaged connection or re-route the stack. In both cases, however, the stack runs too close to a stud to use a riser clamp near the repair junction. Is there another solution, or am I just...
  2. J

Code Check guide books?

I saw these at the local lumber yard and thought they looked like a good thumbnail reference for an aspiring DIY'er like myself. I have a lot of experience with patch-or-replace jobs, but I'm rapidly moving toward more complex remodelling projects that will require extensive changes or...
  3. J

Tight fit in an older house

All, I've been lurking on Terry Love's forums for several weeks now and have really appreciated the discussions to-date. This is my first post, so please excuse me in advance if I sound a little naive or am asking something that has been answered elsewhere. I'm working on a remodel of my...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks