Search results

1. Melissa2007B

Best tankless?

It's about 80 ft from the gas water heater & electrical feed into the house, to the furthest bathroom, so if Jennifer showers down there, she can use up all the hot water before the shower is done. ( house is PEX, 4 ft sealed crawl space ) What's a good instant tankless water heater that won't...
  2. Melissa2007B

Point of use water heater?

West Denver burb. We have a modular house that's about 80' x 60', and want a point of use water heater in the shower at the furthest end, and the kitchen sink. What brand is good? Looks like they don't cost that much for the unit, but the ELECTRICIAN cost could kill this. We have PEX in the...
  3. Melissa2007B

Figuring out a "point of use" water heater for my Aprilaire 360 humidifier

We're in Denver and have had the Aprilaire 360 in the wall of the laundry room, humidifying the whole house, since 2005. It's even running now, as we have asthma and use it all year, due to the dryness here. It's a great unit, but it causes "stacking" in the gas water heater and we've already...
  4. Melissa2007B

Another day, another rooter job, and this time an estimate...( long )

Some of you have seen my posts about this - many times before, unfortunately. But to recap: We have a "UBC" modular house on a foundation in the west Denver area, since 2005. The builder who installed it, was, in our opinion, HORRIBLE! He was supposed to finish the place in 6 months, but...
  5. Melissa2007B

Tightening up a seat decisively?

Who hasn't had problems with a cantankerous seat sliding around, and no apparent way to tighten it? I sure have! Anyway, I have a Toto 744 throne, and a nice Bemis seat on it, that I JUST cant manage to tighten, so it won't slide around. It's making me crazy.
  6. Melissa2007B

Weird water hammering for over an hour.

We weren't using any water when this happened. We're in a residential neighborhood and this is a IRC modular home, with PEX. We've been here since 2005 and never heard anything like this before. I heard it when I was walking by the laundry room where the water heater is. It went on for about an...
  7. Melissa2007B

Business registration for plumbers and plumbing companies

This is just an interesting point, and side note. I'm looking for an affordable plumber. But I'm a Process Server by trade and part of my work is minor investigations. So I know a few things. So I see one plumbing company recommended on NextDoor, which is a local neighborhood board that you can...
  8. Melissa2007B

What kind of high temperature sealant can be used for this?

I posted in another thread here, about our water heater woes. We had a plumber come out today, for an estimate on everything, and he quoted us prices that were so sky high that we cant afford a plumber. ONE of the issues is this draft hood. This is a UBC modular house and it's been this way...
  9. Melissa2007B

Looking for toilet seat with steel hinges with 3/8" through-hole

My sister is handicapped and has been using a handicapped riser for years, with bars to hold onto. The toilet seat fitted on top of them and had 3/8" holes in it, so I could put a 3/8" threaded bolt through the toilet seat hinge fitting, then down through the riser, and finally through the...
  10. Melissa2007B

Well we finally found out what the problem's been, all these years.

Some of you may recall me talking here, about the problems we've been having with our modular house main line, since it was built in 2004. To refresh: This is a IRC modular, that we had put on a foundation in the west Denver area in 2004. It's had mysterious backups ever since. About every 8-15...
  11. Melissa2007B

An elephant is a mouse designed by a committee - some work turning into complete replacement? - NO!

OK, we have an IRC modular house, on a regular foundation since 2004, and some of you may recall a thread where I was talking about doing some minor work like getting rid of the mixer feeding our humidifier, because it quit putting out hot water, and replacing that cursed plastic drain valve...
  12. Melissa2007B

Which of this is disimilar metals, which is ok, and what can I do about it?

Some of this looks like a real mess. Some, like the blue stuff that looks painted on, looks like preventative coating? Not sure what I should seriously get to fixing, and how time consuming it would be.
  13. Melissa2007B

Draining - What am I doing wrong?

OK, I've been hearing "drain the water heater" for years now. I'm not an idiot, but am having a problem with this. That white valve thingie is almost impossible to turn. I hooked up a hose to it, and couldn't even get it to open. And SINCE then, it's been dripping just a tiny bit - like one drip...
  14. Melissa2007B

Squatty Potty for handicapped toilets.

I don't know how many of you have been seeing the Squatty Potty ads. The first one was hilarious and they have others after that. Here's the first one: They should win an award for this ad! :-) So I was wondering what the height difference is, between handicapped height toilets and regular...
  15. Melissa2007B

A good countertop water filter that hooks up to the water line?

We're interested in a good, yet affordable countertop water filter that hooks up to the water line below the kitchen sink, and has a spigot that comes out over the sink. Countertop, to make it easier to change. We currently have a Multipure and have to crawl around under the sink to change the...
  16. Melissa2007B

Our seemingly never ending sewer line under the house problem

We live in the west Denver area. I've had other threads around here, about these back ups that have been happening every 6-12 months, ever since we got this IRC modular house put on the foundation in 2004 and moved in at the end of that year. We've had countless rooter calls and a few "camera"...
  17. Melissa2007B

Low amperage, lowest cost point of use electric water heater tank for low volume use?

Hi people, I'm looking for a low amperage, lowest possible cost point-of-use electric water heater tank for low volume use. We have a whole house humidifier here, the Aprilaire 360, and I've posted about the stacking problem that it causes, when using it from the water heater itself. I was...
  18. Melissa2007B

Doing my own gas hookup

I've had the same electric washer & dryer for 34 years now, so I figure I'm due an upgrade? :-) ( Whirlpool washer and dryer - still running, though the washer is making some sounds lately. Can parts be gotten for these? Can they still be repaired? ) Never had a gas dryer before, but I...
  19. Melissa2007B

For the birds: Small compact shower head for kitchen sink faucet?

This one is for the birds. :) Not sure this is the right forum for this, but don't see a better place. We have 5 parrots here and two of them are small - a lovebird and a cockatiel. I bathe them in a glass pie dish that I put on the center partition between the kitchen sink sides. But they...
  20. Melissa2007B

What's going on with this Delta tub faucet valve?

This has been going on since we built the house. Jennifer's tub has this Delta Monitor valve. She's complained for 10 years, that she cant get hot water in the shower, and I thought it was because the tub is at the far end of the house, which is 80 feet from the water heater. But today I tried...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks