Search results

1. D

Cement cure time?

Yeah, I put water down to fill the trap. It's a pretty strong smell, and the problem is compounded by only having a bathroom fan and not a window. What clued me in on the smell is (of course) I got cement all over my hands and the smell was the same. The instructions on the cement can said use...
  2. D

Cement cure time?

How long does it take for ABS cement to cure? I put in drain pipes on Thurs/Fri and I can still smell something strong in the bathroom. It doesn't smell like sewer gas (no rotten egg smell.) It hasn't been all that warm here (13C-17C) and I figured that smell should be gone by now... Edit: I...
  3. D

Bathtub oddities

I don't have the strong sewer gas smell any longer, but I do still have a smell. It actually smells somewhat like the cement used to glue the fitting together. Does anyone know how long it takes for that cement to cure? I did the fittings yesterday and I still have a smell in the bathroom...
  4. D

Bathtub oddities

Oh, that's not what I meant. The line drops 2" and the T is pointing upwards, and that's where the vent is attached. It can't drain down the vent.
  5. D

Bathtub oddities

Well, I pulled up the tub and ran the existing vent line around to the drain line after the trap. The only problem is the vent is about 2" lower than the pipe the trap is on. There is no room in the floor to T it from that existing height, it would hit the flooring and have nowhere to go. :(...
  6. D

Bathtub oddities

Okay, where to start... I bought an old manufactured home back in 1999. The owner declared there was some problems with rot around the bathroom and it was repaired. (It wasn't, but that's another story...) The bathroom had rotted again, so I removed the rotten wall completely and replaced...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks