Search results

1. Backglass

Mixing Valve before toilet?

<Light bulb goes on> Ahhh...I understand now. Like in a locker room shower where you just push the button to turn on the water and it's at a pre-deterined temp. Gotcha.
  2. Backglass

OK, now I am really confused! (Surprise, Surprise! :p). Are you saying that it would control the temperature (my goal), but the pressure/flow of the shower could still change? If so that's not a big deal. It is listed for ASSE 1017, 1069 & 1070 applications which I thought covered all the...
  3. Backglass

Jimbo: It is a "automatic thermostatic mixing valve" and from all the certifications (and cost) I believe it is what you describe as a "balancing valve". Thank you all for your replies! I think I got it now.
  4. Backglass

Hey All, I have a Watts MMV-M1 Mixing valve I would like to install in a bathroom to prevent scalding through flushing or accidental knob bumping/turning. The fixtures in this bathroom are old-school with no such features. Now, it would be much easier to install this in the basement where...
  5. Backglass

Tempering valve or Anti-Scald device?

I dont know why I didnt think if that. D'oh! I just ass-u-me'd since it was older it wouldnt have anti-scald technology. It doesnt, but I didnt even think of it having "stops" to limit the handle rotation, which according to the manufacturer it does! Problem solved! I will turn the heater...
  6. Backglass

jadnashua: Thanks for the explanation. Unlike an infant who would be helpless, she does know how to work the handle...quite well in fact. I am confident that she would not put it at full hot for long periods of time. If the water was 140 instead of 115 however, her reaction time probably...
  7. Backglass

Hi all, My youngest daughter (6) is autistic and her "thing" is water. Recently, unbeknownst to us she will disrobe and jump in our downstairs shower when the spirit moves her. It's a older standalone jacuzzi brand shower stall with one handle control and diverter knob for body jets...
  8. Backglass

Digital replacement for Honeywell 4006a?

Hey all, My Mega-Stor indirect water heater came with a mechanical Honeywell 4006a thermo/aquastat. While it works OK, I would like to be able to see the tank temp from across the room as it's location is a bit hard to get to. Since this is a simple on/off device, surely there must be...
  9. Backglass

Honeywell Outdoor Reset Module

Hey All, The manual for my boilers Aquastat (L7248C) claims that it is outdoor reset ready, all I need is their special "Outdoor Reset Module", Honeywell part # 50022037-002/U. Now I am pretty good at internet searches, but this one has left me stumped. I can't find this exact part number...
  10. Backglass

Frozen hydronic loop?

Update: On day 2, we finally found the frozen section deep in the crawlspace and hidden behind a bunch of insulation. Hit it with a hairdryer and in less than 3 minutes water started gushing out the loop drain spigot! Purged the air, opened the loop and voila! Heat! It's a VERY good thing...
  11. Backglass

Frozen hydronic loop?

Yeah, that's what I have been trying to do, but no luck. I can't seem to find where the pipe is frozen. The downstairs loop was working, but we had freakish low temps that night (-7.8!) and we were cranking the wood stove so it wasnt cycling as often. Things have warmed up, but not warm...
  12. Backglass

Frozen hydronic loop?

Hey all. I woke up this morning to no heat on my ground floor. I have a two zone system with an older weil-mcclain boiler. The zone upstairs is working fine. I also had a sink freeze up in the back of the house, so I think that is also the problem with my heat. The bathroom was not badly...
  13. Backglass

Squaring an entry door in an un-square house.

Hey All, I have dug myself a bit of a hole and hope that maybe a carpenter in the house has some advice! We decided to put a new front door on our 150 year old house. Now the existing door isn't original as I could tell once removing the trim that it was a big-box pre-hung wood door. The...
  14. Backglass

Strange architectural lighting wiring

Makes sense to me. Thanks!
  15. Backglass

No, I'm asking. ;) Is this kind of multi-color wiring normal for the electrical professional? Thanks all.
  16. Backglass

Hey all, We moved into our current money pit about eight months ago. It was a foreclosure/eviction so many things were non-working including numerous 120v architectural lights in the front yard/drive area. Saturday we had nice weather and I got a wild hair to try and trace out what was...
  17. Backglass

Masons: Smoke Shelf Removal?

Any Masons in the house? I would like to put an insert into the large fireplace in our 100+ year old money pit. The problem is that the fireplace seems to be very oddly sized and no inserts will fit by my measurements, The actual opening of the fireplace is quite large....41" wide and 32"...
  18. Backglass

Our brand new cast iron kitchen sink just... self destructed... help!

Hang on now...why has King George done nothing about it for nearly EIGHT years then? Doesn't he want to "right" this terrible Clinton "wrong"? Sound like an "axis of evil" to me and right up his alley. :D
  19. Backglass

Electrical Options For Garbage Disposal Install

Wow, this could have saved me a lot of time & trouble on my last disposal install. I did some searching and In-Sink-erator has there own version of this. A great idea! (BTW: I'm no electrician, but that outlet scares me. Thats a big cord w/cheater plug.)
  20. Backglass

hanging a tv over a fireplace

I did this above our rarely used fireplace in our old house. It was your basic, cheap contractor "sheet metal w/firebrick facing" fireplace. I just made sure to fasten all the wiring to the studs as far from the chimney pipe as possible. I ran all the wiring to a nearby closet where all the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks