Search results

1. NealinNevada

ONE pressure switch controlling TWO pumps?

Hi folks, I am looking for some advice...I'll briefly explain my situation. I have a small ranch in New Mexico which has a water tower and a 3/4 hp submersible pump in the well. The well pump fills the gravity feed tower tank. I now want to plumb this system so that: 1) I can fill the tower...
  2. NealinNevada

well pump runs too often

You are going to kill that pump with 20 cycles per hour. It sounds like the bladder is gone on the pressure tank. You should have a schrader valve on the the tank. Turn the pump off and then relieve system water pressure. You should have about 2 lbs less pressure in the bladder than the cut-in...
  3. NealinNevada

Interior French Drain

I put in about 200' of french drain around the perimeter of my place and I used the flex tubing but I also put a sleeve over the pipe. It is a cloth sock that keeps most of the dirt out, but lets the water flow into the pipe.
  4. NealinNevada

Well problem

I've always set the pressure in the bladder when all pressure is relieved from the tank (open a faucet and let 'er run empty) and the pressure pump is unplugged so it can't come on when you relieve the pressure. Then check the bladder pressure - I have always set it to 2 lbs less than cut in...
  5. NealinNevada

best pump for cabin shallow well

In my Nevada place, I have a dc setup which might interest you and help you with your problem. My place had a setup like you have described when I bought it...worthless. I then built the system below: In my well I have, at 130' (static water at 35'), a Shurflo 9300 series, 24 volt dc pump. I...
  6. NealinNevada

Cistern pump control switch

Bob...Thanks for the sketch...I can see the safety side of your drawing and that was the approach I was thinking of. My major problems are these: 1) I want to put in a system that will withstand years of being in the cistern (I'll pay more for better quality without blinking). I have done...
  7. NealinNevada

Cistern pump control switch

hi to everyone :) ! I need to control my well pump to fill my cistern (2500 gal plastic tank on a 30' tower). Currently I have a timer do it, but I need to automate the filling of the cistern by the amount of water in the cistern. Needless to say, I have no desire to go up on the tower any more...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks