Search results

1. mh718

Possible to replace bladderless tank with bladder-type tank?

My well tank (a bladderless type) with a float mechanism to control air level just sprung a big leak (appears to have rusted through at the bottom). I shut everything down and called my local (very good) plumber for repair. He said, "yup, you need a new tank". I wanted to know if it could be...
  2. mh718

surging pressure

Hi. I'm trying to educate myself on my well water system and I've read a lot already, but it is all pointing to the possibility that I may be in need of a new water pressure tank. Here's the situation: I have a well system with submersible pump and a ProSource AW42-01 epoxy-lined tank. The...
  3. mh718

Vent holes in house

Hi. I'm moving and adding exhaust vents in my basement renovation. One for the dryer and one for the new bathroom fan. I know that the two cannot share a duct for safety reasons. Does this mean that I have to cut two holes in the outside of the house? I know that seems like a "duh" question, but...
  4. mh718

New cast iron pipe for shower--what drain?

Hi. My basement has new roughed in plumbing for a bathroom, including a shower. I have found lots of options for installing shower kits or doing a mud/liner type tile shower, but most specify abs or pvc for the drain. I have brand new cast iron pipe. What are my options for a shower drain...
  5. mh718

steam radiators - recycle or sell?

Hi. I've just pulled out 5 steam radiators from my house. I've replaced the heat with radiant on two floors and new hot water radiators on one floor. I'm not sure what to do with the old radiators. They work fine (heated the house for many, many years), so it seems a shame to scrap them...
  6. mh718

lead bend and brass flange

I had new plumbing roughed into my basement for a bathroom when we were pouring a new slab. The plumber used a lead bend for the toilet. Now, I have just the lead bend stub sticking out of the new floor. I want to complete the plumbing myself and have installed plenty of toilets and flanges...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks