Search results

1. K

Should this water meter be moved?

I am working through replacing old galvanized steel pipe in my basement. Most of the house is copper, but the previous owners left a few old runs of galvanized steel in place including right after the meter where it runs under the concrete foundation for a few feet. (There were other underground...
  2. K

Identifying the size of a water meter / correct meter coupling

Hi all, I want to replace the old pipes directly after my water meter as part of a larger re-piping job, and one of the things I need to do is replace this old water meter coupling. I have had a hard time identifying the proper size and finding the proper coupling. I am sure that the male end...
  3. K

Leaking threaded connection

I finished my project of replacing a run of old galvanized pipe with copper, and all my solder joints are working great - frustratingly, I have one threaded connection to hook up a hose bibb (for a future laundry connection) that is leaking ever so slowly. It's leaking extremely slowly right out...
  4. K

Small voids in solder joints

Hello - I am a DIYer working on improving my solder skills and ran into an issue yesterday. When I was working on these, the solder seemed to have good "flow," I used the proper amount (3/4" per joint), and it generally felt good as it went into the joint, but I appear to have two tiny voids in...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks