Search results

1. Jake_homeowner

pressure tank questions

Pressure tank sounds bad Sorry, based on the above I would say that your pressure tank is not working correctly. It may be that the bladder is leaking and filled with water. That would account for the really quick cycle time. I think its time for your plumber to come back and check out...
  2. Jake_homeowner

pressure tank questions

Pressure tank size 6 seconds is way too fast for the pump to cycle on and off. How large is your pressure tank? How long does the pump take to fill the pressure tank to cutoff pressure? If everything is sized correctly I think Rancher is on to the problem. Depending on your setup there...
  3. Jake_homeowner

Square D pressure switch stting

Your pressure tank is the problem. It sounds like your pressure tank is either too small, does not have the correct amount of air pressure, or the bladder is broken and not working. My pressure tank is a 42 gallon tank and normally the pump will only come on once during a long shower. If...
  4. Jake_homeowner

pressure tank questions

Well Pressure tank workings Many of your assumptions are correct. The way a well pressure tank works is to have a rubber bladder with air pressure on one side and water pressure that comes from the well pump on the other. As long as the air pressure is less than the cut on pressure for the...
  5. Jake_homeowner

Help with a whole house filter system

Whole House Water Filters When to replace depends on two things: 1: How dirty is the water and how much water is being filtered. Sand is always bad for valves. Ever seen a sand blaster at work? Most filters come with a Micron rating that lets you know what level of sediment they filter. I...
  6. Jake_homeowner

low faucet water pressure

Start at the faucet and work backwards 1: Remove and clean off the faucet screen - put a towel on the spout and turn on the water full force to see if can dislodge any junk. 2: Check to see that lowering the sink did not crimp the supply lines 3: Remove the supply line and check the flow from...
  7. Jake_homeowner

PVC pipe labeled DWV vs Drinking

I am setting up a chlorine injection system and retention tank and the 1 1/4 inch PVC pipe I purchased at the local hardware store is labeled DWV. The 1 1/4 pipe only needs to run about 2 feet between the injection tank and the retention tank. Does it matter that its not labeled Drinking like...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks