Search results

1. Simwanders

Hidden challenges to rearranging basement bath fixtures

That makes good sense - thanks for that! Here's one more iteration removing 90° of turn from the trap arm and thinking a bit more about limiting concrete work. Still interested in any insights on the questions above and whether there are other better ways to do any of this.
  2. Simwanders

Alright, I'm back. Here is an updated drawing based on the feedback I've received here: It seems that given the extent of work that this is going to take, I should make sure to plan as many future plumbing possibilities into this basement job as I can. A few things that I'd like to make...
  3. Simwanders

Got it. This is super helpful. Going to do some more figuring about what makes sense in the space and will be back. Really appreciate your help.
  4. Simwanders

That all makes good sense and thank you! Here's a rough sketch to make sure that I'm understanding correctly: A few follow up questions: - Is it possible to turn the existing WC branch 180° and reseal to use it as the start of the bathroom branch drain? I imagine getting it loose, turned...
  5. Simwanders

Good question - There is a main floor bath immediately above that drains into it (toilet, tub/shower, lav). Should have posted a better pic (and used correct terminology). Here's the full view:
  6. Simwanders

My wife and I recently purchased and moved into a 120 year old home in Arvada, CO. The home was moved to its current location in the 1940s so the oldest plumbing is from that time. I'm working on finishing the bathroom (plumbed as a 1/2 bath, expanding to 3/4) in the basement for the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks