Search results

1. Serendipity

Replacing hot water baseboard heating

I don't have a pic at the moment, but it looks like they installed the baseboard, and then drywalled (actually, mud and lathe) directly above it so the baseboard is slightly recessed (maybe 1/4") into the wall. Nice that it doesn't still out too far into the room but will be a PITA to try to...
  2. Serendipity

Replacing sink & toilet shut off valves

Ted, I think I've gotten lucky. I can see the threads at the base of the valve. I plan on shutting off the water and trying to do the replacement tomorrow. Many thanks for your feedback! Claire
  3. Serendipity

Best option for a 14" rough in?

Terry, Thanks for the quick response! I'd prefer not to have the space behind the toilet if I can help it. Would an adapter be more likely to cause problems and is it something that a novice could readily install? If not, I'll just have to deal with the space, I guess. Thanks again, Claire
  4. Serendipity

Replacing hot water baseboard heating

Our old, battered, chipped and rusted hot water baseboard heaters have got to go! As far as I can see, the pipes and fins are fine and the units operate with no problem. Is it possible to replace just the metal unit surrounding the pipe and fins? I took off the front cover, but the rest of it...
  5. Serendipity

Replacing sink & toilet shut off valves

We're in the process of renovating our small guest bathroom. When removing the old fixtures, we had a real problem getting the shut off valves to turn. We ended up using penetrating oil and really had to work to get them shut off. We had hoped that we could just swap out the fixtures...
  6. Serendipity

Best option for a 14" rough in?

We're remodeling our small guest bathroom. It is not used heavily but we would like to purchase decent quality fixtures that will stand the test of time without spending a fortune. I like the Drake Toto and Ultramax. I've also heard good things about the AS Cadette 3. I can't seem to find...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks