Search results

1. DirtyJerz

Black jelly growing in my bathroom sink drains, what do I do

I've got some black jelly growing in my bathroom sink drain. Cleaned everything out a few months ago when it basically stopped draining, but now it's back and I can actually see it slowly growing out of the drain pipe into the strainer. What is this stuff and how do I stop it from growing? The...
  2. DirtyJerz

Properly sealing sink strainer

About two years ago, I redid the strainers on my kitchen sinks. Removed the old strainers, completely cleaned everything out, put down a liberal amount of fresh plumber's putty, connected everything together, seemed to work great. Over time, a little bit of putty would ooze out the top. I would...
  3. DirtyJerz

Pinhole leaks in hot water only

My neighbors told me that they recently discovered that their hot water pipes in the basement, which were covered with foam insulation, had pinhole leaks. They had plumbers come out and replace both their hot and cold water pipes in the basement with PEX. They didn’t touch any of the piping in...
  4. DirtyJerz

Redoing solder joint

Just practicing for now. Could not get the solder to melt with water soluble flux. Tried the petroleum based one and decided to screw it and keep heating until the solder melted. Lo and behold, turned out great. Now I want to try again with the water soluble stuff so I can comply with code...
  5. DirtyJerz

Adding utility sink to laundry standpipe

I've seen a bunch of earlier threads on this but wanted to confirm my understanding for my specific situation in New Jersey. Current setup is a 2" standpipe without its own vent. NJ uses NPC (yes, this is a thing) and standpipes do not require their own vents as long as you have an air gap (or...
  6. DirtyJerz

Help me build a washer hose shut-off valve

Follow-up on my earlier thread… I'd like to build my own shut-off valves because the standard kits you get at HD don't really work for my setup. Can someone provide a link to components I can use to build a shut-off valve for washing machine hoses? I'm having a hard time finding something that...
  7. DirtyJerz

Expanding washer hose connections

Hi, I currently have 1/2” copper pipe going to a gate valve and standard washer hose connectors for hot and cold water. This is hooked up with regular hoses to a full size washer. In the near future, I’m going to be adding a bunch of things here: another full size washer, a pedestal washer (LG...
  8. DirtyJerz

How do I get this nut (?) off?

Both of the bathroom sinks in our place have connections from the wall bends that look like this: They are on pretty solid. How do I get them off? Rust blaster and WD-40 do absolutely nothing to them. Kitchen sink doesn’t have these shenanigans and came off normally.
  9. DirtyJerz

Gurgling in one half of kitchen sink

Hello, Have a two bowl kitchen sink. Recently replaced the dishwasher hose to have a proper high loop (previous hose had a bunch of excess flopping around under the sink) and now anytime the left sink is used for more than a few seconds, the right sink gurgles. With a flashlight I can see air...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks