Search results

1. Goat1of2

Remove iron stains from refinished tub?

I know at least one of the regular posters here does bathtub refinishing. I hope he (or someone else in the know) can tell me: how do you remove iron stains from a refinished tub? You can't seem to use any acids or bleach or abrasives or much of anything to clean a refinished tub. So what...
  2. Goat1of2

Cleaning rust stains from refinished tub?

I'm thinking of having an old cast iron tub refinished with, oh, say, "Miracle Method", or some such. We have high iron in our water and all the old porcelain fixtures are quite orange. Has anyone lived with a refinished fixture and this type of water? How many showers did you take before the...
  3. Goat1of2

In-well chlorination

After reading gobs of postings here about chlorinating well water--I'm wondering why some of you seem to be against in-well chlorination? Does it develop chlorine-resistant bacteria? After much testing and research, we are considering in-well pellet chlorination to remove high iron...
  4. Goat1of2

Thank you, guys!

I would just like to thank those of you who have taken the time to answer this middle-aged lady's (dumb) questions in the last few weeks. As a result of your patience, I have adjusted the well pump so that it no longer turns on at the slightest call for water. As a result of my reading of old...
  5. Goat1of2

Stuck Water Heater Drain Valve

Crawling under the house to deal with the well pump has led me to take a look at the water heater. I was going to drain it because I doubt the previous owners of the house ever did. However, the plastic valve is stuck closed! I'm afraid to wail on it for fear of breaking it. Would spraying...
  6. Goat1of2

Just what is normal?

Well, I've been googling for a half hour and have read the stickies at the top of this forum and STILL cannot find an answer to: What exactly is "normal" well pump cycling? Ours turns on just as soon as you withdraw even a half cup of water from any fixture. During a shower, it turns on...
  7. Goat1of2

tester prongs not long enough?

I'm trying to test a dryer outlet and neither my multimeter nor my el-cheapo receptacle tester has prongs seemingly long enough to make contact deep inside the outlet where the juice is. Am I just using them wrong or do I need to purchase Yet Another Tester? I toyed with the idea of...
  8. Goat1of2

Fixing the Mess: Copper, CPVC, PEX?

We are replacing PB pipe which runs from the crawlspace, through an exterior wall, and to the kitchen sink. The PB was connected to perfectly lovely copper pipe (1/2") which they chopped out and left lying there. The pH of our water is 6 which may explain why they got rid of the copper...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks